Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 17 V West Coast

Senior Player
    Yes, Shaw or Jones. Heeney will definitely start - he has an important role forward (as he alluded to in today's interview on the official site).

I would be rapt if Shaw was the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    +1

Regular in the Side
    BTW Razor Ray will be the umpire

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    BTW Razor Ray will be the umpire
    Say it ain't so after Stevic last week we now get look at me as well

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, Shaw or Jones. Heeney will definitely start - he has an important role forward (as he alluded to in today's interview on the official site).
    I agree. After watching that interview I think heeney will start. I also think shaw should start ( despite me thinking he is next to be dropped). I say that because I think ted often leads the back 6 on field and we need shaws experience to play that on field leadership role If it's not shaw then it would fall to Grundy and laidler and I'm not sure that either is ideal for that. McVeigh should play across half back but he is often further upfield so also not suited to that defenders marshalling role.

So I ( kinda reluctantly) think that jones should be the sub for this one. I do however think (injuries aside) that we shouldn't wait till deep in the final qtr to make the sub. I would sub jones on for shaw mid third quarter

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post

+2

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I agree. After watching that interview I think heeney will start. I also think shaw should start ( despite me thinking he is next to be dropped). I say that because I think ted often leads the back 6 on field and we need shaws experience to play that on field leadership role If it's not shaw then it would fall to Grundy and laidler and I'm not sure that either is ideal for that. McVeigh should play across half back but he is often further upfield so also not suited to that defenders marshalling role.

So I ( kinda reluctantly) think that jones should be the sub for this one. I do however think (injuries aside) that we shouldn't wait till deep in the final qtr to make the sub. I would sub jones on for shaw mid third quarter
    Why would it fall to Grundy or Laidler? Surely smithy is a better leader than all of those including Rhyce. Reg is not the leader type but is playing well at mo. We need to stop that HB backward the defenders do. It is part of a badly flawed game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I imagine Heeney will be the sub and Xav will be on for the full game (with visits to the bench). Good luck to them both and whatever happens on Sunday I think they're both part of our future.
    I doubt the logic of Heeney being Sub. He is far too dangerous to be sub. By the interview in Swans site he will be playing forward. Like to see him in the mids a bit.

SwansTV - Heeney interview July 24, 2015 - sydneyswans.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why would it fall to Grundy or Laidler? Surely smithy is a better leader than all of those including Rhyce. Reg is not the leader type but is playing well at mo. We need to stop that HB backward the defenders do. It is part of a badly flawed game plan.
    Yes smith had slipped my mind. My bad

Smith is in such terrible form I'd prefer he concentrates on getting his own @@@@ together...

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Thank god for Bachar Houli, though someone should really check his betting account with that kick in

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast