Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 17 V West Coast

Senior Player
    If Derickx is injured as reported, Nankervis is the last ruckman standing, and he will be up against freaks like Sandilands and NicNat. Talk about an initiation!

Just had a go at picking the side and this would have been the perfect opportunity to play Marsh if he's up to it (assuming Laidler is not fit). If they don't I would guess he is gone.

If they avoid playing Xav the same would apply. I can't see them leaving Davis out of the side given his form and versatility.

Even with the injuries and suspensions I find that I have to leave out one of Towers, BJ, Robinson or Lloyd if Marsh plays. If Marsh doesn't play the others all play. This should be Towers last chance to prove himself, the big ground should suit him and his ability to ruck may be needed.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    OUT: Ted, Tippett, Bird, Shaw
    IN: Xavier, Heeney, McGlynn, Laidler

If McGlynn isn't fit give Hewett a crack. Please not Towers.

Significant doubts about Jetta, Hewett may also be injured along with Derickx, doubts on Laidler. This will not be the week to drop Shaw.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Having another think about it I don't believe it really matters who we pick - unless Horse changes some of his tactics we will be thrashed again.

The Eagles will be too quick, too accurate with their handball and passing that we will be smashed on the big ground.

Any way you look at it, we do not have enough leg speed to cover Hawthorn on the spread, in and under, hardness at the coalface, we have them matched, speed and skill, no
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Any way you look at it, we do not have enough leg speed to cover Hawthorn on the spread, in and under, hardness at the coalface, we have them matched, speed and skill, no
    Yep, unfortunately 100% right!

I think Heeney has to come in for Bird but to play more across HF with some MF rotation time. I would also like to see Towers given a go at HB, IMHO we are lacking a little size and pace down back to match up against the Eagles.
    Given the balance at the moment not sure if Jones or BJ offer what we need nor am I convinced with Cunningham he just doesnt get involved enough ,I think we lack a little size re Rohan and Towers. IMHO the team balance is never right if we play Bird Mitchell and Lyodd in our MF together

OUT Tippet, Richards, Bird, Jones, BJ

IN Towers, Heeney, Marsh, +2 (no idea who replaces Tippet if derickx Injured, Im not sure who in the ressies with some size is ready?)

SUB = Shaw

not sure who comes in for Tippet, Reid Plays FB for Richards

Cheers

Waz

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I don't think raw speed is the issue. Their core on ball brigade of Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Shiels and no quicker than our group of Kennedy, Parker, Mitchell, Hanners. Burgoyne's got a little toe, but so has Jack. I think our speed of Jetta, Cunningham, BJ last night was as quick as theirs. It's just that they are playing with utmost confidence that when they work hard to find space, a team mate will hit them with a lace out kick. Ours either don't know where to run, don't have the confidence to do so, or haven't yet worked out how hard they need to work at senior level (Jetts aside, who at least found space yesterday).

In the Swans' better games this year, the player who has most consistently presented in space has been Hanners, which goes to show it's more about the will to run and work hard than pace, per se.

Based on what we lack and his performance in the ressies yesterday I'd say Heeney's inclusion is a certainty. Beyond that, it'll depend on injuries and Ted's likely suspension I guess. I do hope BJ gets another game though, I liked his effort last night.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Based on what we lack and his performance in the ressies yesterday I'd say Heeney's inclusion is a certainty. Beyond that, it'll depend on injuries and Ted's likely suspension I guess. I do hope BJ gets another game though, I liked his effort last night.
    Heeney would seem a near certainty. It's hard to know about the other changes before we get more info on injuries and suspensions. I wouldn't mind Ted missing the next game regardless; he just didn't look right yesterday and may need to work his way back from concussion. I remember when Parker got concussed but played the following week. He took a few weeks to get back to himself again.

I'm also happy to give BJ more games. He's got a lot to learn, but the raw talent is there. If he does come through, with his speed and willingness to tackle and do the hard stuff, he could be just what we need up forward or on the wing.

Veterans List
    Think Ted and Jetta will get suspended, hits to the head (unless its a solid punch to the back of the head eh Firitto) get games nowadays.

Bird is gone and Tippett may be too. Why do we have to wait until a Monday to get scans. There are scans taking place all weekend, we would know someone who would scan on a Sunday morning so the correct recovery process starts as soon as possible.

Not sure what we do about rucks if Tippett misses.

Happy for BJ to stay, he has bulked up over summer and playing better too.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Think Ted and Jetta will get suspended, hits to the head (unless its a solid punch to the back of the head eh Firitto) get games nowadays.

Bird is gone and Tippett may be too. Why do we have to wait until a Monday to get scans. There are scans taking place all weekend, we would know someone who would scan on a Sunday morning so the correct recovery process starts as soon as possible.

Not sure what we do about rucks if Tippett misses.

Happy for BJ to stay, he has bulked up over summer and playing better too.
    I'd be playing Reid as a KPD if Ted is suspended as we suspect.

Assuming we lose Bird, KT and Jetta I'd be bringing in Heeney and Hewett and Pyke if fit.

Having said that you just know Towers will be an inclusion....

I didn't see the Jetta incident - what did he do?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast