Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 17 V West Coast

Changes for Rnd 17 V West Coast

Outs. Richards, maybe Jetta, Tippett injured yet again, BJ not up to it, Bird Injured and Shaw finished.

Ins. Heeney, probably Towers,............... who knows?

Nankervis might as well sit in the stands as well.

Out: Shaw, Richards (suspension), Tippett + Bird (injuries)
    In: Robbo, Heeney, Marsh + Hewitt.

I think it's time to play the youngsters.

Really we can't drop as many as we would like because of injuries but here we go!

Out: Richards (suspended), Tippett (injured), Bird (injured), not sure if we will but should also drop Shaw and probably B. Jack.

Now with a few injuries, who can come in? One definite is HEENEY, I can't emphasise that anymore!!! But who else??? McGlynn needs another run in the 2's, how many games do we give Towers and Robinson? Is there anyone else banging down the door??? Hewett was injured I believe? Perhaps Abe Davis could get a go? Nic Newman maybe? Or Harry Marsh to finally debut. Let's hope Laidler is only out a week! Still not really much to excite me other than Isaac to come in!

Perhaps if we meet the Hawks again in 2015 we should sub Horse for Dew. Two smackings from the past three matches with the brown and gold. They have our measure and know it. Time to try something out of the box (coaching).

If bjack kicked straight he would of had a good game. I reckon he stays

Senior Player
    OUT: Ted, Tippett, Bird, Shaw
    IN: Xavier, Heeney, McGlynn, Laidler

If McGlynn isn't fit give Hewett a crack. Please not Towers.
    Last edited by MattW; 19th July 2015 at 08:38 AM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hewett finished the reserves game on the bench and while I don't know the reason it had to be some sort of injury given how short handed we were already

In any case with Hewett being another slow inside midfielder I don't think he would have been called up, especially for a Subi game. Robinson and Towers with their ability to play multiple positions would appeal more to the match committee.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    OUT: Ted, Tippett, Bird, Shaw
    IN: Xavier, Heeney, McGlynn, Laidler

If McGlynn isn't fit give Hewett a crack. Please not Towers.
    I like this. I think McGlynn needs more time so I'd like to see James Rose make his debut,
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    Out: Shaw, Richards (suspension), Tippett + Bird (injuries)
    In: Robbo, Heeney, Marsh + Hewitt.

I think it's time to play the youngsters.

Agree that Shaw should go but I don't think Horse will do that. Amazes me that he did not play O'Keefe after a couple of average games for the whole year, but keeps Shaw who continually turns the ball over every game and cannot defend.

Out: Ted, Tippett, Bird

In: Heeney, Marsh, Laidler ?

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Agree that Shaw should go but I don't think Horse will do that. Amazes me that he did not play O'Keefe after a couple of average games for the whole year, but keeps Shaw who continually turns the ball over every game and cannot defend.

Out: Ted, Tippett, Bird

In: Heeney, Marsh, Laidler ?
    I suggest the reason Longmire keeps Shaw playing is because he thinks there's no-one better to replace him. I also suggest that Longmire knows the qualities of all the players in the squad better than we do.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I suggest the reason Longmire keeps Shaw playing is because he thinks there's no-one better to replace him. I also suggest that Longmire knows the qualities of all the players in the squad better than we do.
    Yes, I think if everyone is fit Jones would play instead of Shaw.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast