Thread: Swans 2018

Thumbs down Swans 2018

I've written us off for this season and the AFL in their wisdom have nobbled us for 2016 as well.

Fast forward to 2018 and our young guns of Heeney, Mills, Dunkley and George Hewett along with surprise packets James Rose and Abe Davis are all in the 40 - 60 games area and the academy is starting to produce some decent players. With Buddy entering the fifth year of his nine year contract time is running out on him becoming a two club premier.

How does this look as a possible team:

Rampe (27) ANO (25) Smith (29)
    Jones (23) Grundy (31) Dunkley (20)
    B Jack (23) Mills (20) Keiran Jack (30)
    Rohan (26) Reid (26) Heeney (21)
    Parker (25) Franklin (31) ANO (20)

Naismith (25) Kennedy (29) Hanneberry (27)

Inter
    Hewett (22) Davis (21) Lloyd (24) ANO (21)

Average age of 24.9

I know we have a few issues at the moment but our overall list is not that bad....

I see little point in projecting 3 years forward, although I accept (and hope) that the football department has to do it. I do love the fact that Parker will only be 25 in 2018 though! (and Hanners 27)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    You've left Goodes out.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I've written us off for this season and the AFL in their wisdom have nobbled us for 2016 as well.

Fast forward to 2018 and our young guns of Heeney, Mills, Dunkley and George Hewett along with surprise packets James Rose and Abe Davis are all in the 40 - 60 games area and the academy is starting to produce some decent players. With Buddy entering the fifth year of his nine year contract time is running out on him becoming a two club premier.

How does this look as a possible team:

Rampe (27) ANO (25) Smith (29)
    Jones (23) Grundy (31) Dunkley (20)
    B Jack (23) Mills (20) Keiran Jack (30)
    Rohan (26) Reid (26) Heeney (21)
    Parker (25) Franklin (31) ANO (20)

Naismith (25) Kennedy (29) Hanneberry (27)

Inter
    Hewett (22) Davis (21) Lloyd (24) ANO (21)

Average age of 24.9

I know we have a few issues at the moment but our overall list is not that bad....
    That is a good looking side, (lots of assumptions but that is fair enough).
    The key player IMO is ANO at full back.
    With out the right person there, the rest will do it tough.

Senior Player
    Alex Johnson ?? Would be great if he was there

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I don't think anybody is questioning the long-term position of our list. It's just frustrating that we are seemingly smack-bang in the middle of a premiership window yet aren't looking like being a contender.

Really makes 2014 hurt so much more.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You've left Goodes out.
    I haven't discounted him for 2018 either.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You've left Goodes out.
    Shaw too?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Shaw too?
    As long as he has those compromising photos of Horse his position is safe. (a photo opportunity perhaps Lud!)

By then our trade restrictions will have been lifted, and our recruiting department can resume doing what they do best, so factor in Nat Fyfe, Cyril Rioli and the best tall KP defender money will buy

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    By then our trade restrictions will have been lifted, and our recruiting department can resume doing what they do best, so factor in Nat Fyfe, Cyril Rioli and the best tall KP defender money will buy
    By then it's more likely that the Swans will be completely banned from trading any players in, and we will receive reverse ladder position pick from our academy.
    We will also have to move players on when they have played for more than three years at the Swans, and we will be limited to only two players in our forward 50 and two players in our back 50 at any one time. Breaching this rule will have a 100m penalty awarded against us.
    Also, the Swans will only receive 3 points for a win, and Eddie McGuire will have free choice of any player to whack over the knees with a 2 x 4 before the season starts.

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.