Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves @ TIO Stadium

Great to see, actually see them playing. Yay. So glad they got it up and running

As well as McGlynn has played, I'm not sure we need to add another player into the side with very average foot skills. That missed set shot from 20 out was really poor for an AFL footballer.

That's what I like to see from Newman! Beautiful long goal!

This game reminds me of watching the swans senior side! Harder at the footy and getting plenty of the ball but butchering it going forward and around the ground and getting well beaten by a quicker side with beautiful foot skills...
    Last edited by troyjones2525; 25th July 2015 at 10:08 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Fascinating to watch. To the ones ugg mentioned I'd add Rose. I can't see Derickx ever playing firsts again, so often first hand on the ball and straight to a Thunder player, also seems to me to have no real sense of positioning around the ground.Towers doesn't seem to be able to find the action either. The toppies are battling valiantly but playing out of their league.
    Last edited by dimelb; 25th July 2015 at 10:21 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Is the video playing up for anyone else now?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Is the video playing up for anyone else now?
    Yep

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    This game reminds me of watching the swans senior side! Harder at the footy and getting plenty of the ball but butchering it going forward and around the ground and getting well beaten by a quicker side with beautiful foot skills...

Thats what I think too.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Fascinating to watch. To the ones ugg mentioned I'd add Rose and McLaren in patches. I can't see Derickx ever playing firsts again, so often first hand on the ball and straight to a Thunder player, also seems to me to have no real sense of positioning around the ground. The toppies are battling valiantly but playing out of their league.
    Unfortunately I haven't really seen all that much from McLaren tonight. Hasn't really had great delivery in fairness but hardly done much from what I've seen. Agree with Rose, looked good in patches. Hasn't had a lot of it as he's playing a sort of lock down defensive role but I've liked the look of Marsh in his little cameos! Has real pace and a good long boot on him! Would love to see him demand the ball more and take them on cos he could become a real player!

Aliir has looked good defending one on one tonight and Davis shows good mobility and endurance for a big man. Newman hasn't done a lot but what he does is usually classy.

Finally Perris has done pretty well too for a player making his way back!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Full time Swans 6.8 (44) Thunder 15.7 (97)

Goals: McLaren Wilson Brown Krochmal Newman Fyffe

Most encouraging was Perris' performance. Mcglynn still looked rusty and will probably need another NEAFL game before they will consider him

Senior Player
    Positives:
    Perris is a determined SOB.
    Newman is looking like senior material.
    Rose likewise.
    Hmmm.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I have just been watching Swans Reserves and unfortunately we played the same way as the seniors. About 8 minutes into the 2nd quarter from a throw in. Derryk down to a swans toppie and a long handpass forward to Rose. About 40m ahead FF leads straight to Rose but, coaching rule 3, comes in and Rose kicks it 55m bomb to the defender. Three kicks and Thunder just missed a goal. 2 more of those in 2nd quarter. No structure again. Another contest with 6 men, 3 Thunder players, within 2 metres of the ball, and Thunder just handpass 10m and their away. Swarm to the ball, but can't win the ball and killed on the outside.

Rosie gives up something with good positioning, a footy brain but the coaching is starting to get into his head and very hard at the body. Unsure why Davis playing mid. Newman can hit targets and a great defending mark in Q3 and Aliir good as a flanker. Good to see Lloyd Perris playing. Will need McGlynn to play 1sts.

Plenty of effort but still struggling to wonder we can't use the ball well.

Thunder running us into the ground. Creating space and using the ball better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast