Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: MATCH THREAD - West Coast vs Swans round 17

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Picking on the ex saffers was unfair.

But what we saw - or actually, heard - today was flat out wrong and vile. The WCE fans are knuckle dragging racists, only behind the Hawthorn fans that began all of this.
    They cheer Nic Nat though. To them he must be like a useful slave working the cotton fields of Subiaco.

I think the aboriginal presence is the best part of the game. Take that away and the way the game is going it's like drunk rugby with no offside rule.

Veterans List
    And yes, at least we know after today Jetta won't be going to play with the KKK. Let's remember, a lot of people in Perth are ex-South Africans who left because they were disappointed by the end of apartheid.
    That's what I've always thought. Closest Oz city to South Africa. Figures.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Hmmm. And they all barrack for the Eagles and go to the footy? While I have no time for the Eagles fans or their ridiculous style of "support", I don't think your comment is all that helpful.
    But it definitely has some merit, that coupled with the 'faraway outpost' mentality of the west, it is quite plausible and also, only an opinion.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    But it definitely has some merit, that coupled with the 'faraway outpost' mentality of the west, it is quite plausible and also, only an opinion.

In my opinion west coast has the worst supporters in the comp and has for a long time, they boo even the most easy too see frees to their opposition. A stat in the paper the other day showed that w c has the most frees for at their home ground than any other team and that stat was over a number of years. My son says they are smart because it helps their team but I say they are just a@^* holes.

The eagles crowd was ridiculous. They are around 50 points up, and it is just a constant booooo.

Pushing for Selection
    And yes, at least we know after today Jetta won't be going to play with the KKK. Let's remember, a lot of people in Perth are ex-South Africans who left because they were disappointed by the end of apartheid.
    Is this the level of thinking that RedandWhite has sunk to?
    Where's the remote?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    No argument about the 'faraway outpost' mentality, and there certainly are many ex-pat South Africans there but to blame it on them is also racial profiling and also (and more importantly) lets the rest of their boorish, one-eyed racist fans off the hook. Freo fans are nothing like that.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    In my opinion west coast has the worst supporters in the comp and has for a long time, they boo even the most easy too see frees to their opposition. A stat in the paper the other day showed that w c has the most frees for at their home ground than any other team and that stat was over a number of years. My son says they are smart because it helps their team but I say they are just a@^* holes.
    Its no surprise when you get WAFL standard umpiring over there every time West Coast play there. Hence why its going to be incredibly hard to win at Subiaco in September (as we learnt in 05/06 - that 06 qualifying win would be remembered as fondly as the Nick Davis game if we had of won the flag in 06).

West Coast fans have always been absolutely feral, particularly at Subiaco - no surprise they get more frees at home than anyone else. Their booing of Goodes was absolutely disgraceful, but completely expected. Glad to see Jetta stand up to them, and at least we know he won't be going to play for the Weagles if he does leave.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    You understand this tripe makes us no better than them. Pull your head in

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Seeing Heeney perform as well as he did, with little support other than Goodsey, gives me hope we can still be a force in September, with some injury luck...

It could read....

Rohan Franklin Heeney
    McGlynn Tippett Goodes

If we can get this forward line together and firing, we could still be a real contender this year.

I also hope they stick with Nankervis, to share the rucking duties with Tippett.
    agree totally. A fired up Jetta won't do us any harm either. Maintain the rage Jetts !

Heeney the highlight on a gloomy day. Where has Rhyce Shaw been all season? Captain McMissing does his normal trick. Time for a new captain or two!

On the Rookie List
    I listened to the match on the radio and listened to some of the most one-sided commentary I have heard. I'm sure at one point one of them was climbing out of the commentary box window to hurl abuse at the umpire when a free kick wasn't paid to the Eagles.
    In between their cheering for the Eagles, they made a few good points:

Our disposal is rubbish

The workrate of our midfielders was not up to scratch. Whilst they contested, they didn't make enough space when we had the ball and didn't track back hard enough to make a contest on their opponents.

We are a defensive side. When the Eagles got away from us, we became more defensive and couldn't get the ball up our end. It is not in the Swans nature to match attack with attack - it is to defend more, defend harder.