Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Adelaide

Warming the Bench
    Ugg has reported your form has been patchy at best in the 2s.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'll be playing this week.

Come on. I'm the best towel carrier they've got.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Frequently everyone here is shocked by what type of player we draft.
    We get Tippett and then when everyone wants more backmen, we get Franklin.
    If we could have traded last year, most would say we needed backmen, but the ruck was always an area we needed to look at with Mummy off.
    Re-signing Derickx was likely done out of lack of options, and I guess when the Swans did that we could have called that they weren't going to challenge the AFL's unfairness.

And we're kind of stuffed again this year, particularly if we pick up both Mills and Dunkley.
    If we do, and we also want to bring in other players to fill gaps, we're going to have to trade out players for picks.
    Or pick up a ruckman who isn't considered to be a first ruck at another team any time soon (we've done that before) within the AFL imposed trading rules.

Pyke will likely stay on our list, and should, but it was always a risk this year with one main ruckman.
    Tippett has been a great 2nd, but will he be kept there?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Niasmith would have come on this year if not injured. He is ahead of Nankervis. I think they thought that one of Nakervis or Naismith would be almost ready when Pyke retired and with Tippett as a second ruckman they were covered.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Or pick up a ruckman who isn't considered to be a first ruck at another team any time soon (we've done that before) within the AFL imposed trading rules.
    In the 2000s, ruckmen from other AFL clubs:-

Wins: Ball, Jolly, Mumford
    Losses: Chambers, Derickx (harsh as he's playing his role when asked)
    Questionable successes?: Seaby (unlucky with injury), Peter Everitt (serviceable & past his best when he arrived), Tippett (more forward than ruck), Playfair (much more forward than ruck)
    Drafted: Fitzgerald (bust due to injury), Mott (bust due to ability), Doyle (bust due to injury & ability), Stafford (success finishing with us in the 2000s), Goodes (success but injury stopped his ruckwork), Meiklejohn (bust, ability), LRT (fill in ruck at best), Sam Reid (fill in ruck at best), White (never realised his potential as a ruck, forward, winger or any other position).
    Last edited by 0918330512; 28th July 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Veterans List
    Surely Cunningham must go after his very weak effort last week. Brandon Jack was far better and was prepared to have a real go and put his body on the line. Cunningham hasn't had to wash his shorts all season. We have a tail of soft footballers who cannot and will not keep us in the top 4. Play blokes who have some heart instead of recycling the same duds.

Pushing for Selection
    Why don't we play Harry as a crumbling forward, he knows where the goals are, we don't have any small options up there, and he's not having any other impact. Play at tips, or goodseys feet. Btw goodes was our best last week. Marking well.
    Out of the square thanks horse. I'm hoping that we are in outer tradional hard training phase, that's why we are slow at the moment. Tapering helped us in 2012. The glaring factor is our rucks....getting smashed big time. Better to play no rucks and have all mids. Change it up

On the veteran's list
    Vision of Tippo doing ruck work with both hands. Could be the surprise in this week.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    The glaring factor is our rucks....getting smashed big time. Better to play no rucks and have all mids.
    Like Essendon!

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    Better to play no rucks and have all mids. Change it up
    I've always liked this idea. In the reserves game v. NT we won the hitouts 61 to 18, but got smashed in the game. I think the ruck contests can be conceded if you prepare yourself to block the outlets. How else would teams have a chance against Sandilands? The offset is that one team has a big bloke up in the air while the other side has an extra player waiting for the ball coming down.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Surely Cunningham must go after his very weak effort last week. Brandon Jack was far better and was prepared to have a real go and put his body on the line. Cunningham hasn't had to wash his shorts all season. We have a tail of soft footballers who cannot and will not keep us in the top 4. Play blokes who have some heart instead of recycling the same duds.
    I agree, apart from his shot at goal when he should have passed the ball, he showed more aggression at both the ball and opposition than Cunningham and has similar pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I agree, apart from his shot at goal when he should have passed the ball, he showed more aggression at both the ball and opposition than Cunningham and has similar pace.
    +1.

Cunningham has been soft at the ball all year and does not deserve another game. Give BJ another try.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast