Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Adelaide

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Vision of Tippo doing ruck work with both hands. Could be the surprise in this week.
    Listed in the Herald Sun as "Test"
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    In: Franklin, McGlynn, Rohan, Richards
    Out: Richards, Jack (B), Pyke, Jones
    Rohan will be very lucky to make it this week. Who would be second ruck, don't say Reid as that is a wash out. He is good as a third up but that is about all. Some sides are not playing second rucks they are playing a running player then you have to look at where they are. Near the bottom.

Out; Shaw (don't give a damn if he played a reasonable offensive game he gets too many goals scored on him), Pyke, Goodsie (he has made himself unavailable), X Richards (after a bad start I think he did quite well in the second half on Darling), Maybe BJ.

In; Benny, Teddy, Buddy & this is where we get into trouble. The natural player to come in would be George Hewett but he is injured. Rohan would be better served to have a game in the Twos before returning. The only players worth bringing in at this stage are all Rookies, Newman, Perris & Foote. BJ to stay I think until Gaz gets some match conditioning, probably Cat game. The other thing we could do is keep X Richards as a third tall and let Rampe run.

We do need a ruckman. I think Derrickx has to be it unfortunately. So out Richards & BJ.

I would bring Aliir in as second ruck personally & take a risk on him. We have nothing to lose at this time. He played ruck all his junior career. He has a huge leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Niasmith would have come on this year if not injured. He is ahead of Nankervis. I think they thought that one of Nakervis or Naismith would be almost ready when Pyke retired and with Tippett as a second ruckman they were covered.
    I agree. his form in the NAB was impressive and his NEAFL form up until injured was really good apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    In the 2000s, ruckmen from other AFL clubs:-

Wins: Ball, Jolly, Mumford
    Losses: Chambers, Derickx (harsh as he's playing his role when asked)
    Questionable successes?: Seaby (unlucky with injury), Peter Everitt (serviceable & past his best when he arrived), Tippett (more forward than ruck), Playfair (much more forward than ruck)
    Drafted: Fitzgerald (bust due to injury), Mott (bust due to ability), Doyle (bust due to injury & ability), Stafford (success finishing with us in the 2000s), Goodes (success but injury stopped his ruckwork), Meiklejohn (bust, ability), LRT (fill in ruck at best), Sam Reid (fill in ruck at best), White (never realised his potential as a ruck, forward, winger or any other position).
    I think you'll find Playfair was actually drafted as a forward not ruck and injury killed him. Everitt was too old when we got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I've always liked this idea. In the reserves game v. NT we won the hitouts 61 to 18, but got smashed in the game. I think the ruck contests can be conceded if you prepare yourself to block the outlets. How else would teams have a chance against Sandilands? The offset is that one team has a big bloke up in the air while the other side has an extra player waiting for the ball coming down.
    In the reserves game we had 10 toppies Ludwig. you can't compare it. Essendon are playing with no rucks, it's really working for them, NOT! We got smashed against Thunder because our Toppies were not up to it. They were probably the worst I've seen for a while. But I must say the ones against Sydney Uni and GWS couldn't have been much good either, although I must concede that having to use toppies against GWS is leaving us at a huge disadvantage. Ten toppies were used last week when we can actually use 16 listed against Thunder we only used 12 due to injury. We are cruelled by injury at the moment in both sides. So i don't think the rucks had anything to do with the loss, we were having to play toppies on their good mids & that hurts.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    ...I think you'll find Playfair was actually drafted as a forward not ruck and injury killed him. Everitt was too old when we got him.
    Agreed, otherwise you have to include B Hall.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think you'll find Playfair was actually drafted as a forward not ruck and injury killed him. Everitt was too old when we got him.
    I agree we did ... like Tippett ... possibly also like Ball as he played as a forward/ruck at West Coast. But Henry is often listed as forward/ruck when his position is described, that's why I included him. He played as a ruckman for us far more often than Hall did.

I got a call.
    I'll be booting up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Can anyone remember Playfair getting much ruckwork??? An ordinary forward with a good attitude but not much ability even before injured.

Veterans List
    Club has announced that Adam won't play this weekend. I fear that increases the chances that we won't see him play again. I sincerely hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Club has announced that Adam won't play this weekend. I fear that increases the chances that we won't see him play again. I sincerely hope not.
    I feel sick
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I got a call.
    I'll be booting up.
    Shame Adam won't be playing.
    I'd love to see you on field giving hell to anyone daring to boo him.

If he doesn't play again, it is such a sad, unnecessary, awful way to end his amazing career.

If he plays again, I doubt the cretins and sheep will cross their paws and shut up. More than likely the booing will continue.

It just shows how far Australia has to go to reach any kind of meaningful equality.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast