Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Adelaide

On the Rookie List
    The player I think is lucky to keep getting chances is Reid. If he is not one of the worst set shots for goal in the whole competition I would be surprised. In field play he cost us 2 goals plus another 2 with easy set shots.How many sides would carry a player who costs them 4 goals? His kicking is not AFL standard, his marking is inconsistent and his attack on the ball is still not as hard as it should be although it is better than last year.His only role should be in defense and 3rd man up if he is to contribute positively

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    The player I think is lucky to keep getting chances is Reid. If he is not one of the worst set shots for goal in the whole competition I would be surprised. In field play he cost us 2 goals plus another 2 with easy set shots.How many sides would carry a player who costs them 4 goals? His kicking is not AFL standard, his marking is inconsistent and his attack on the ball is still not as hard as it should be although it is better than last year.His only role should be in defense and 3rd man up if he is to contribute positively
    I wouldn't agree he's the worst, he's more up and down with his kicking, more down though. Against Port he was 'dead eye', but last week, complete crap. Frustrating. In fact, the whole teams goal kicking is crap. I do hope they're working on it, it will cost us games. Back to the worst, I think Levi Casboult takes that mantle........pity he's the best 'pack mark' player. What a waste.....but if he learns to kick straight, whoa!! He would be to Carlton what we all thought Tippett would be to us......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Back to the worst, I think Levi Casboult takes that mantle........pity he's the best 'pack mark' player. What a waste.....but if he learns to kick straight, whoa!! He would be to Carlton what we all thought Tippett would be to us......
    What Bradshaw would have been for us if he could get on the park...

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Ted in for Xav
    Bud in for Goodes
    Tip in for Mike

Gaz might be a small chance to return but I'd be surprised if he does.

I'm not sure who it was but another poster mentioned how critical to our game Benny and Gaz are...arguably our two best forward half pressure players. We will be a much more formidable unit once these guys are back in the 22. Gaz had also been developing nicely into a marking option and combined with Heeney we will become much more dangerous in the air in the forward 50 than in the last month.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Goes up to 11
    I would be surprised if we saw Gaz this week, but I hope he is back asap. He looked superb in patches in his last few matches before the hammy injury and he seemed on the cusp of taking his game to another level. Fingers crossed he's back out there soon as he and Benny are such important components of our forward half.

Senior Player
    Like most, I don't expect Rohan to play this week. McGlynn needs to be back for the Geelong game, Rohan too if fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Ted in for Xav
    Bud in for Goodes
    Tip in for Mike.
    I agree with this, looks good on paper if Tippett gets up.
    Would have BJ or maybe even Cunningham to sub, not sure what Horse was trying to achieve with Tommy as sub. I worry about Horse sometimes

Senior Player
    Ted in for Xav
    Bud in for Goodes
    Tip in for Mike

Gaz might be a small chance to return but I'd be surprised if he does.

I'm not sure who it was but another poster mentioned how critical to our game Benny and Gaz are...arguably our two best forward half pressure players. We will be a much more formidable unit once these guys are back in the 22. Gaz had also been developing nicely into a marking option and combined with Heeney we will become much more dangerous in the air in the forward 50 than in the last month.

Agreed 100% on all of that.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree with this, looks good on paper if Tippett gets up.
    Would have BJ or maybe even Cunningham to sub, not sure what Horse was trying to achieve with Tommy as sub. I worry about Horse sometimes
    I'd assume he was just worried about our leg speed on the bigger ground but I still don't agree with Tom being sub, ever.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I'm not sure who it was but another poster mentioned how critical to our game Benny and Gaz are...arguably our two best forward half pressure players. We will be a much more formidable unit once these guys are back in the 22.
    B.McG is also important for his "anger". He simply won't put up with the physical intimidation crap that Richmond & Hawthorn dished up

T Richards, McGlynn, Franklin, Tippett IN
    X Richards, Pyke, Goodes, Jones OUT
    Swannies for life!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Like for like changes

With Jones out should mean McVeigh returns to the backline

McGlynn a very likely sub

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast