Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Adelaide

On the veteran's list

Changes for Adelaide

In: Franklin, McGlynn, Rohan, Richards
    Out: Richards, Jack (B), Pyke, Jones
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    In: Franklin, McGlynn, Rohan, Richards
    Out: Richards, Jack (B), Pyke, Jones
    Yep, and it's a much better team. If Rohan isn't right then Jones stays in.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    They said before the weekend that the plan was for McGlynn to play two NEAFL games and after a rusty run against the NT I don't think they'll be changing their minds on that decision

Richards would be stiff, played really well for his first real/ full game as a key defender against probably the first or second best forward line.

But if you look at structures you can't really have both Richards', Grundy, Reid, Rampe etc.

Hopefully that's the last of Pyke, Nankervis competes better.

B. Jack played better than his brother today imo. Leadership has been very off.

Agree with changes, Mitchell can't be sub again, he's too important.

Grundy really has done a 360 with his form. Quite enjoying watching him play at the moment.

Shaw is a noticeable 'keep' this week
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I also thought that BJ played well. He seems to defend more than he used to in the past.

In: Franklin, Richards
    Out: Richards, Pyke

I'd be surprised to see Rohan this week - I think even if he is up to playing, they may want to stick him in Ressies for a week (to make sure he is ok - last thing we want is an early reoccurrence and be down a man).

Harsh on XR as he did some really nice stuff yesterday, including a number of critical 1%ers. His time will come, and I'm feeling much more comfortable about replacing Teddy after XR put in such a good game yesterday.

We have to bite the bullet on Pyke. I've in general been an ardent defender of him, but he is giving us absolutely nothing at the moment, either in the ruck or around the ground.

Leave him out, let Nankervis do his best to break even in the ruck, and give him some help around the ground/rest from Reid mainly. Can't be any worse than what we got from Pyke yesterday - and will allow us to rebalance the team a bit.

McGlynn and Rohan hopefully to return the week after would be nice - as we desperately need to be as close to our best 22 when it comes finals time to be any hope.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Sadly I have to agree on Pyke after checking the stats. He looks as if he needs either surgery or a month off rather than a week. And I don't think either McGlynn or Rohan will be quite ready, much as I want to see them out there.
    So in: Richards, Franklin
    out: Richards, Pyke. Reid to relieve Nanka, share ruck duties.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reid is a real worry but pretty hard to do a clean out when we can't trade !

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumarangk View Post
    Reid is a real worry but pretty hard to do a clean out when we can't trade !
    18 touches, 7 marks and 5 tackles isn't too bad. 0.4 isn't great, but we've got much bigger worries than Reid

Pyke isn't right, but don't condemn him. Longmire explains what's wrong with him and the prognosis in his post-match presser yesterday. Pyke's out there giving it his all with a bung knee that won't get better this season.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Nankervis 's improvement means we can rest pyke.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast