Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd dropped?

Lloyd dropped?

I was kinda surprised to see Jake Lloyd dropped this game, hopefully just a rest. Thought he's had a great year so far, very clean ball skills. Thoughts?

Warming the Bench
    only 22 goes into 22
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    I was kinda surprised to see Jake Lloyd dropped this game, hopefully just a rest. Thought he's had a great year so far, very clean ball skills. Thoughts?
    Think he has struggled with his ball use after the bye and was lucky to keep his spot in the team but did so due to all those outs. He's been somewhat better in the last 2 weeks but now gets squeezed out

Given how well Cunningham and B Jack have been playing these last few weeks, Jones also looking pretty good....

With Bird and McGlynn also in the 2's, Parker still to return... We're showing some depth in the small man dept.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'd imagine it would have been between Lloyd and Jones in the end. Especially with Shaw gone at end of year, I think we need to play Jones

Veterans List
    Jake appears to have suffered for his erratic disposal. Maybe by design he has been very outside this season. Has got plenty of loose ball between halfback and wing but mostly on the boundary. Has done some horrible hospital short kicks in board for turnovers. Hate to say it but at times has appeared to lairise. Correct me if I am wrong, but seldom appears in the forward 50, which makes me believe has had a,set role that he has not fulfilled in the coaches eyes.

Llloyd is exactly the type of player you want in your bottom six in the 22 but the reality is he will probably always be fighting for his spot and have the odd stint in the twos. He has come a long way over the last couple of seasons

B Jack is probably hte better sub with more pace and run
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    B Jack is probably hte better sub with more pace and run
    Tend to agree with this and could see him being our sub through the finals actually, Horse has commented several times on how he possesses genuine pace and how valuable this is in the modern game.

He has developed nicely this year but still needs a breakout year in 2016. This year it was Tom who we needed to develop, next year it will be BJ, Zak and Heeney needing to improve for the team to go forward

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Think he has struggled with his ball use after the bye and was lucky to keep his spot in the team but did so due to all those outs. He's been somewhat better in the last 2 weeks but now gets squeezed out
    KI actually disagree with you. If you want to look at players who have crap disposal he is not one of them. He had a couple of games where his disposal wasn't great but if you look at our whole year and I have players like these have been worse; Smith terrible disposal for most of the fists half of the year. Teddy; Crap disposal up until last week. Kizza; Crap disposal and has one of the worst effective disposal figures in the AFL. Hannas; Other than the fact he gets so much of the ball he would be seen as the great weaster. he clears at around 53%. joey's disposal this year has been worse than at any time in his tenure. Mitchell; has been up & down with disposal but gets so much ball it probably doesn't matter, in the same boat as Hannas and Joey.

The worry for me has been that the senior players have been allowed to get away with bad disposal all year and yet a young player who had two bad disposal games all year other than two games he played injured gets dropped even though his disposal last week was pretty sweet and gave us a few goals. It is still a two tier team and this sends the wrong message as far as I'm concerned. The coaches have no idea how to manage a team. They are just looking to make moves and fit players into the equation. Will we be a better team? I don't know.

So Lloydy has erratic disposal Mug Punter? His disposal has been better than most of the side for most of the year. I am sick of the prima donna captains playing one great game and then not hitting the side of a bloody barn next game. Let's see what they do this week. Stand up or lay down like the pathetic leaders they have proven they are over the season. The disposal of both has to be examined over the whole of the year. The fact is Lloydy has been better than both of these blokes this year.

I don't understand him being dropped. I see us being really defensive this week. No attack for us. We arer taking in a very defensive team plus 3 players coming back from injury. Be lucky to win I think.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The difference is Lloyd gets a lot of uncontested ball (24 CP% 3rd lowest behind Shaw and Jetta) whereas Jack (43.7% 8th), Hannebery (36.5% 14th), JPK (55.0% 3rd) and Mitchell (37.6% 13th) get a lot of contested ball. Yet Lloyd has a 72.7% disposal efficiency which is only slightly better than Jack 71.8%, Hannebery 70.8%, and worse than Mitchell 73.0%.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The difference is Lloyd gets a lot of uncontested ball (24 CP% 3rd lowest behind Shaw and Jetta) whereas Jack (43.7% 8th), Hannebery (36.5% 14th), JPK (55.0% 3rd) and Mitchell (37.6% 13th) get a lot of contested ball. Yet Lloyd has a 72.7% disposal efficiency which is only slightly better than Jack 71.8%, Hannebery 70.8%, and worse than Mitchell 73.0%.
    boom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast