Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davis latest: could miss 6 games

I would think Scneids, Doyle and Kennelly will be in line.

But who too drop

Schneider for Davis is obvious, but he hasn't played for a while.

I suspect

In Schneider, Doyle

Out Davis, Powell

But completely guesswork, will be interesting Thursday, I think Sydney needs to get Doyle in the side, allows more flexibility with Goodes.

Ball's form on the weekend wasn't fantastic
    Last edited by Reggi; 30th March 2004 at 09:16 PM.
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Originally posted by Reggi
    I suspect

In Schneider, Doyle

Out Davis, Powell
    Wouldn't this mean that we are TOO tall having Goodes, Ball, Doyle & LRT in the side. For our running game this may leave us too slow, except for Goodes of course. Or does Roosy want to play a tall at full forward at all times, leaving one of these guys on the bench and Magic in the pocket? Is Magic really suited to a forward pocket? Last year he was at his best playing at full forward IIRC. Maybe Magic will be the direct replacement for Davis on a HFF, with Doyle & Ball rotating through FF.

This also leaves ROK without a home if Schneider comes straight back in. But hey, things could be worse if we are developing some good competition for positions in the team.

you could rotate Doyle and Ball through the interchange. Both need to build up more match fitness and this could also keep Freo on their toes. It could also leave Goodesy with an on ball role where he could run rings around the opposition.

This will mean they need someone other than Sandilands to work the ruck. Who besides Pavlich do they play in the ruck? If Goodesy's running riot, the only player I think who could possibly match up on him would be Pavlich, so that means they're short a ruckman or they leave Goodesy unattended.

You also have the option of placing either Doyle or Ball in the forward line, just to mix it up if need be.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

I don't really count Goodes as a ruckman

For mine that reads 2 Rucks (Ball & Doyle), one of the bench falnker utility type (at this stage), and one dead set Sooooooooooperstar who can play anywhere (probably away from the ruck
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Originally posted by BAM_BAM
    you could rotate Doyle and Ball through the interchange. Both need to build up more match fitness and this could also keep Freo on their toes. It could also leave Goodesy with an on ball role where he could run rings around the opposition.

This will mean they need someone other than Sandilands to work the ruck. Who besides Pavlich do they play in the ruck? If Goodesy's running riot, the only player I think who could possibly match up on him would be Pavlich, so that means they're short a ruckman or they leave Goodesy unattended.
    I suspect they will match up Pavlich on Goodes, which will be a fantastic duel.

Freo have a few ruckmen - Sandilands, Simmonds and J Longmuir.

Pavlich virtually never plays ruck.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I suspect they will match up Pavlich on Goodes, which will be a fantastic duel.

Freo have a few ruckmen - Sandilands, Simmonds and J Longmuir.

Pavlich virtually never plays ruck.
    I wasn't sure who they had, as I couldn't recall who they played last time we met. I only remember seeing Pavlich play there at some stage.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123