Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Davis latest: could miss 6 games

On the Rookie List

Davis latest: could miss 6 games

Davis to miss up to six
    3:39:10 PM Mon 29 March, 2004
    Karen Collins
    Sportal
    Sharp-shooting forward Nick Davis, will be sidelined for between three and six weeks with a hip flexor strain in what is a further injury blow to the Sydney Swans.

Davis fell awkwardly after booting his fourth goal to help the visitors to a 19-point lead at the main break in Sydney?s heart-breaking two point loss to the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Saturday night.

The former Magpie joins Andrew Schauble, Tadhg Kennelly, Ben Fixter and Matthew Nicks as a spectator - although Sydney coach, Paul Roos, hopes goal-sneak Adam Schneider will have shaken off a hamstring injury to play his first home-and-away match against Fremantle this Sunday at the SCG.

?I was confident (Davis) was going to have a good year and he started off extremely well so we just have to hope he gets back as quick as possible,? Roos said at Monday?s media conference.

?Hopefully ?Schnids? will be back this week so that will take a bit of the pressure off ?Davo? not playing.

?We have said all along its bloody hard for us to cover our good players so you don?t want to have any injuries? it?s not ideal.

?We would love to have our best team playing and it certainly weakens us but we coped with it reasonably well last year.?

Roos said ruckman Stephen Doyle will also come under consideration for a return to the senior side after getting through two consecutive weeks in the seconds.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=new...ticleid=140161
    WMP

On the Rookie List
    Not good - not good at all.

Looks like we still wont be able to judge Nicks season properly again - ie last yr had a very interupted preseason - now he is likely to miss at least 4 weeks - then we have to give him a couple of weeks to get back into it - just like we would allow anyone coming back from around a month or more off.

I'm hoping because he is still young he will recover much quicker and be back in 2 weeks
    No.1 ticket holder of Nick Davis Fan Club...

On the Rookie List
    This is terrible news. How good did he look in the first half. Hope he is back sooner than 6.

p.s. Pie supporters are posting crap on bigfooty about it. Get over there and give some back.

On the Rookie List
    Pleased to note that the prognosis has been downgraded to 3-4 weeks out , not 3-6 weeks.
    No.1 ticket holder of Nick Davis Fan Club...

On the Rookie List
    Identivcal story on both the AFL site and Sydney Swans site . The difference being the 3-6 games on the AFL site and 3-4 weeks on the Swans site. I am not sure about a downgrade more like a more positive spin.
    WMP

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We want him back asap, obviously. He looked great on Saturday. Get well soon Nick.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
    Pleased to note that the prognosis has been downgraded to 3-4 weeks out , not 3-6 weeks.
    Remember this is a Sydney medical report.

If we are lucky he will be ready to play St Kilda, I reckon he will be between 4 weeks and 2 years.
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Davis to miss up to four
    3:39:10 PM Mon 29 March, 2004
    Karen Collins
    Sportal
    Sharp-shooting forward Nick Davis, will be sidelined for between three and four weeks with a hip flexor strain in what is a further injury blow to the Sydney Swans.

Davis fell awkwardly after booting his fourth goal to help the visitors to a 19-point lead at the main break in Sydney?s heart-breaking two point loss to the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Saturday night.

The former Magpie joins Andrew Schauble, Tadhg Kennelly, Ben Fixter and Matthew Nicks as a spectator - although Sydney coach, Paul Roos, hopes goal-sneak Adam Schneider will have shaken off a hamstring injury to play his first home-and-away match against Fremantle this Sunday at the SCG.

?I was confident (Davis) was going to have a good year and he started off extremely well so we just have to hope he gets back as quick as possible,? Roos said at Monday?s media conference.

?Hopefully ?Schnids? will be back this week so that will take a bit of the pressure off ?Davo? not playing.

?We have said all along its bloody hard for us to cover our good players so you don?t want to have any injuries? it?s not ideal.

?We would love to have our best team playing and it certainly weakens us but we coped with it reasonably well last year.?

Roos said ruckman Stephen Doyle will also come under consideration for a return to the senior side after getting through two consecutive weeks in the seconds.

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.as...ticleid=140207
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Go Swans Always

Unhappy

Speedy recovery nIck we need you - hurry on back.
    Love those Swans

On the Rookie List
    At this rate of recovery he will be ready to meet Freo....

On the Rookie List
    I want him back too, but don't forget, our club medicos don't have a terrific record where estimating dates for returning to play are concerned. I'm tipping he'll be out for the whole six (maybe more).

<http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...544427033.html>

Davis, who injured his right hip while kicking his fourth goal during Sydney's loss to Brisbane at the weekend, yesterday said he was shattered by the extent of his injury. The tear is said to be around six centimetres long.

"It's a pretty big tear . . . they haven't had one at the club to compare it with, so they are not real sure, but they are thinking four to six weeks," Davis said. "It's more because it's my kicking leg . . . if it was my left leg, it would probably be two to three [weeks]."

Davis was coming off one of his best pre-seasons and showed great promise against the Lions. At least that gives him confidence for when he returns.

"It could be worse," he said. "I mean, if I didn't kick four goals I wouldn't be so excited about the season."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast