Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MATCH THREAD -Sydney vs Crows Round 18

Really bad miss by Parker! Geez so many of our great young mids have shoddy disposal!

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point with Hanners bad kick!

Senior Player
    Better result than I thought we'd have. We should take that an move on - and beat the Cats next week.

We moved a lot better this week.. I really wonder if it is a training thing that slowed us down over the last few weeks. The team balance was a lot better today too. The rucks worked well. Having Benny back was a huge plus.. If we can get Rohan out there we will be near full strength.. Lets see if Bud plays next week..

Veterans List
    Do not ever start Mitchell as the sub again! He is not only a ball magnet but he's a tackling machine as well. He is a best 22 every week.

Rohan interviewed at half time, two weeks away from resuming in the ressies.

Nanny progressing
    Interesting to watch our transitions significantly different and in the main effective and direct

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Can we please kick a goal!!!!!!!!
    You should watch the Reserves kick 25 or was it 26 points in their win today, 8 in the first quarter and it wasn't the toppies kicking the points nor were most of them rushed. You wonder how players who get to that level can be so poor, Towers was one of the worst even though he got a couple.

Still good on you Swannies, for firing in the first half and getting the job done. Should build up a bit of confidence. They did so many things so well but poor disposal again was letting them down and stopped them from blowing the Crows away.

Very happy with the win after a couple of horrible losses. Most pleasing was the score we kicked, our skills were still sometimes ordinary bust had some good passages of play as well.

Buddy running around like a 60 year old man is a worry! Could really tell he was hurting so the goals he kicked were even more impressive, but the injury really restricted his pressure acts and tackling which are usually a strong point for him.

Going to be hard to win next week at the Cattery with 2 of their favourite sons with big milestone games in Stevie J (250) and Selwood (200). Will be super impressed if we have a good win!

Never been as proud to be a Swan as today, the banner and pre-game stuff was just perfect and to the RWO members who came up with and executed the 1000 red and white 37 t shirts I say thank you. I am actually quite emotional thinking about it to be honest.

I can't help but think that the boo'ing stuff has been affecting the club and that this week the boil has been lanced, let's see what happens at the Cattery next week.

Thought that was our best four quarter effort since Hawthorn (the first time) and we looked a lot more potent up front. Playing Tippet in the ruck with occasional forays up front definitely works better than the twin towers up front, Benny was a big in and I say that Nankervis is a keeper now, he competes well in the ruck contest and loves the physical stuff around the ground, one for the future and he fills a big hole in our set up. As much as I admire Pyke I's say he is our third best ruckman and will only play in the ones if there is an injury and he will do that manfully for this year and next.

Heeney looked a bit lost but just love his contest at the footy and I'd hate him to be dropped, Rampe was good again and I just feel we have a bit more grunt with Mitchell at the contest. JPK is also hitting his straps at the right end of the season.

One swallow does not a summer make and we'll need that effort again next week but that is the most enjoyable game I have seen this year at the SCG.

Warming the Bench
    SO. BLOODY. PROUD.

Pushing for Selection
    Great win, but I would think we should beat them, our disposal is terrible, not opposite foot from the back line, it's slows the play big time....I hear Hewitt can kick both feet ..... Get him in the side.. We stop and turn, we handball to guys on their wrong side...basic stuff that seprerates us for the contenders. It s so obvious. Our disposal stops our ambition. That's why we get exposed...our endeavor is the best..our disposal is the worst.

Back to basics please

Happy and I know it
    From the AFL on Twitter

Ben McGlynn has been reported for rough conduct for this bump on Patrick Dangerfield #AFLSwansCrows

I missed that report at the game!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I loved how many people had signage supporting Goodes. Ran into a bunch of Crows supporters before the game carrying signs of support which was great.
    We played so much better than we have been, the team seemed to gell again.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast