Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MATCH THREAD -Sydney vs Crows Round 18

Senior Player
    A much better effort across the park really, but I particularly thought that not carrying an injured ruckman ( ie Pyke) made a bit difference. Nankervis has a long way to go but he already provided more bullocking around the ground than Pyke has this year. Ruck combo of Tippett and Nank is the one we should stick with for the rest of the year and allow Naismith to regain form and fitness as he comes back through the ressies. Then next year it'll be a battle between Naismith and Nankervis for the one position in the seniors next year

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    From the AFL on Twitter

Ben McGlynn has been reported for rough conduct for this bump on Patrick Dangerfield #AFLSwansCrows

I missed that report at the game!
    Saw that on the afl site. Nothing in it, bump/block slightly off the ball which put Danger on his back, should get off.

Well done to everybody at the ground. I was listening to the game on ABC Grandstand and the 7th minute of the 3rd quarter was really moving even on radio.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Well done to everybody at the ground. I was listening to the game on ABC Grandstand and the 7th minute of the 3rd quarter was really moving even on radio.
    It was extremely moving to be there too

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    A much better effort across the park really, but I particularly thought that not carrying an injured ruckman ( ie Pyke) made a bit difference. Nankervis has a long way to go but he already provided more bullocking around the ground than Pyke has this year. Ruck combo of Tippett and Nank is the one we should stick with for the rest of the year and allow Naismith to regain form and fitness as he comes back through the ressies. Then next year it'll be a battle between Naismith and Nankervis for the one position in the seniors next year
    Nankervis does some good things, but he will have to improve his athleticism. He's going to take some time. Naismith played very well in the second half in the ressies. I think he's the real deal. There was a play where he was keeping pace with Hiscox trying to run down a Brisbane player. After he gets his fitness back, I would give him a go.

I thought Tippett probably got the better of Jacobs in the ruck, which is saying something, since Jacobs is one of the best in the league. I think Tippo is our number 1 ruckman for the balance of this year, unless Pyke comes good somehow or Naismith has a meteoric rise into the seniors. Reid can be the backup. He's okay in the ruck and he's like another midfielder when he's there.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    One move I found interesting was Cunningham as a defender (at times) and McVeigh remaining out of the back 7. Harry hasn't had a good as season last year in the forward line so this move may rejuvenate his season. His run and relative clean disposal might be the spark we need from defence, and combined with the quick play ons today made us look sharper than usual.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    One move I found interesting was Cunningham as a defender (at times) and McVeigh remaining out of the back 7. Harry hasn't had a good as season last year in the forward line so this move may rejuvenate his season. His run and relative clean disposal might be the spark we need from defence, and combined with the quick play ons today made us look sharper than usual.
    Good pick up, ugg- I thought the change seemed to do them both a world of good. Harry ended up with 25 touches, is that a. PB for him?

I thought Tippett was absolutely outstanding, as were Hanners, Mitchell and McVeigh- it's been a long time since I recall our midfield being so dominant.

2 things I loved;
    1. Heeney was in the square for at least one bounce late where his fellow mids were McVeigh and Jack, and the captains were both talking to him in the lead up to the bounce and positioning him on where to stand. Great experience for him, and great leadership from the captains (who both really stood up to be counted in the game)
    2. Mitchell and Kennedy working at stoppages together. Wow. It was almost unfair.

I thought he was great last night. Composed and evasive.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    As a Melbourne based member who felt a bit helpless yesterday, I want to send sincere thanks to the 40,000 who went to the game yesterday and showed, in no uncertain terms, how the whole Swans family feels about Adam Goodes.

The signs, the t-shirts, the cheers, the minute of applause - magnificent! You stood up for a legend of our club and you stood up against racism and bullying.

Thank you for so beautifully expressing how you- and those of us who couldn't be there yesterday - feel about Goodesy and what he has been forced to endure.

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I thought from seeing it on TV that Harry had a much better game, more involved. Maybe he's the next HBF, we have plenty of mids, play Jones as a mid too.

Like the news/views on Naismith too.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Nanny progressing
    Will he be our next Mummy i.e. throwing his huge frame around?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Nankervis does some good things, but he will have to improve his athleticism. He's going to take some time. Naismith played very well in the second half in the ressies. I think he's the real deal. There was a play where he was keeping pace with Hiscox trying to run down a Brisbane player. After he gets his fitness back, I would give him a go.

I thought Tippett probably got the better of Jacobs in the ruck, which is saying something, since Jacobs is one of the best in the league. I think Tippo is our number 1 ruckman for the balance of this year, unless Pyke comes good somehow or Naismith has a meteoric rise into the seniors. Reid can be the backup. He's okay in the ruck and he's like another midfielder when he's there.
    I agree tippet was outstanding last night. I think a fit Naismith will be the new ruck combo but my point was that Tippett / nankervis looked much more balanced than pyke / Tippett have all year

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast