Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MATCH THREAD -Sydney vs Crows Round 18

Senior Player
    We've gone from Mummy to the Nanny. Love it!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I agree tippet was outstanding last night. I think a fit Naismith will be the new ruck combo but my point was that Tippett / nankervis looked much more balanced than pyke / Tippett have all year
    Hitouts (to advantage)
    SYDNEY
    Tippett 25 (9)
    Nankervis 4 (2)

ADELAIDE
    Jacobs 32 (13)
    Dangerfield?! 2 (0)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Hitouts (to advantage)
    SYDNEY
    Tippett 25 (9)
    Nankervis 4 (2)

ADELAIDE
    Jacobs 32 (13)
    Dangerfield?! 2 (0)
    Umm yes I'm not saying nank set the world on fire. My point was about an injured pyke which is basically what we've had all year.

For me I'll be happy to see Tippett and nank ruck for the rest of the year and then bring on Naismith to replace nank next year. I feel that Pyke may be at the end of his amazing career. He isn't young anymore and now he's in effective through injury.

- - - Updated - - -

And you also forgot to add

Jenkins 2
    Parker 2

Tippett was superb yesterday, and I really liked the way we played. Yes there were some errors but we tried to play our way back into form rather than slogging our way back into it. We were commenting at the game that Nanny is definitely improving, and quickly. He does have a long way to go but the signs are very good. Jetta's all round game just keeps getting better and better too.

Agree on Mitchell starting. All I can suggest is that either he needed a bit of freshening up or the size of Subiaco Oval was a factor, or both.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Umm yes I'm not saying nank set the world on fire. My point was about an injured pyke which is basically what we've had all year.

For me I'll be happy to see Tippett and nank ruck for the rest of the year and then bring on Naismith to replace nank next year. I feel that Pyke may be at the end of his amazing career. He isn't young anymore and now he's in effective through injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Jenkins 2
    Parker 2
    I think in time Naismith may be the better pure ruckman, but Nankervis is doing a role for the team, and that's what we need for now. He is still very much green at this level, and I'm happy for him to get some more time in the team. I'd like to think that we can give Pyke a month or so to see if he can get up for finals - and this combo has worked well. Just need Tippo to stay fit and on the park.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Tippett was superb yesterday, and I really liked the way we played. Yes there were some errors but we tried to play our way back into form rather than slogging our way back into it. We were commenting at the game that Nanny is definitely improving, and quickly. He does have a long way to go but the signs are very good. Jetta's all round game just keeps getting better and better too.

Agree on Mitchell starting. All I can suggest is that either he needed a bit of freshening up or the size of Subiaco Oval was a factor, or both.
    The first half was very good I thought. I think there was a clear direction during the week to 'take the game on' and not die wondering. It may not work against the better teams in the league, but it was so refreshing to see us have a go and run the ball like we did - it is still by far our most effective attack, and with good kicking in the second half, we could have posted a score of 130-140+ - unheard of this season.

Jetta was superb tomorrow - we have to find a way to get him to resign at the club, we can not at all afford to lose him. I have a feeling he is going to have a rip-roaring end to the season - what happened at Subiaco last week might be the catalyst for him to really ramp it up and return to form reminiscent of 2012.

Overall, a fantastic day at the footy yesterday - I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

- - - Updated - - -

Jenkins 2
    Parker 2
    The paper only list those first 2 from each club

Veterans List
    Does it look like Buddy has put on a few kilos? I don't know if it was the predominant white top that was accentuating it. I guess he wouldn't have been able to train recently.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Will he be our next Mummy i.e. throwing his huge frame around?
    I like the fact he throws his weigh around we need a replacement Mummy or LRT

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Does it look like Buddy has put on a few kilos? I don't know if it was the predominant white top that was accentuating it. I guess he wouldn't have been able to train recently.
    He was wearing protective padding around his midriff.

Which leaves one to ponder what his injury actually is.

Obviously Dr Gibbs didn't think he could worsen it by playing.

Seemed odd he played out the whole game (could of been subbed for Jack), even though he could hardly move.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Best game from Harry for a while. The effort from the boys was excellent but the skills execution still has a way to go before we really become a premiership threat.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    The paper only list those first 2 from each club
    Ah cool.

I got the extras from the afl live app. Sadly it doesn't list hi touts to advantage so was good to see them from you

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast