Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alan Jones and the SCG Trust

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Just saw that article , was going to post but came here to check. Yet again, Pridham seems to have distanced himself from Colless ( or at least denied knowledge of his stance.)
    It's quite an interesting strategy to get information out there: Colless as the loose cannon and Pridham playing a straight bat later. Clever.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Ultimately it will be Mike Baird's call, time to man up Mike
    Mike Baird, is he your Premier? Have Jones against you at the next election? Unlikely to happen

The fact that people listen to Jones shows you the sad state of society, the same sad state that leads to Goodes getting booed.

Looks like Alan may have had the imaginary spear inserted.

1438861851350.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mike Baird, is he your Premier? Have Jones against you at the next election? Unlikely to happen

The fact that people listen to Jones shows you the sad state of society, the same sad state that leads to Goodes getting booed.
    I'm not so sure, our Premier is a different type of politician, one with a bit of a backbone.

It would actually make sense for him politically. No way would Jones back the labor party and by knifing Jones Baird will win over a legion of new fans.

Go on Mike, do the deed, you know it makes sense..

"Mike Baird is the best premier this state has ever had" is often quoted by my labor voting friends.
    Alan Jones' audience is the lowest common denominator. Bairdy doesn't pander to them.
    If Bairdy does get rid of Alan, the enlightened will rejoice... he'll be the first premier to stand up to him; and win.
    There's nothing that Alan Jones can say about this premier... he's too liked by everyone.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    But politician friends have told me that Jones is regarded as all powerful so it's unlikely Baird would stir the tiger (or the parrot). Especially as the trust has a power grab on to claim some of Centennial Park. It would be wonderful if it happened. And he's got the hide of a rhino so you won't shame him out. I don't understand why his audience doesn't die of shame.

His comments on Adam Goodes are the more remarkably shameful as he's never used his own power to further the cause of the LGBT community.

He should just come out of the closet.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    He should just come out of the closet.
    Is he still in there? I mean everyone knows. If he is in there the doors wide open, and has been for years.

Utter FLOG.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post

Utter FLOG.
    Can we ban the 'f' word from here please? I'm sick of seeing it regurgitated thousands of times by Goodsey's detractors - I don't think we really need to be using it here...

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    But politician friends have told me that Jones is regarded as all powerful so it's unlikely Baird would stir the tiger (or the parrot). Especially as the trust has a power grab on to claim some of Centennial Park. It would be wonderful if it happened. And he's got the hide of a rhino so you won't shame him out. I don't understand why his audience doesn't die of shame.

His comments on Adam Goodes are the more remarkably shameful as he's never used his own power to further the cause of the LGBT community.
    Centennial Park? Really?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Centennial Park? Really?
    A small part of a much longer Crikey article:
    So it�s particularly concerning that the rolling green fields of Moore Park are once again under threat. Moore Park is managed by the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust, which also takes in Queens Park and the Entertainment Quarter. Under its act, the trust�s role is to: �maintain and improve the Trusts land, maintain the right of the public to the use of the Trust lands, and ensure the protection of the environment within the Trust lands�.
    The second of those three responsibilities?�?to maintain the public use of the trust lands?�?is the critical one here, and it�s under threat.
    Right now, there�s a silent takeover move underway by the Sydney Cricket Ground and Sports Ground Trust for a large chunk of Moore Park for the inevitable use of elite sports. The SCG Trust includes some of the most powerful business and media names in Australia, such as Tony Shepherd, Maurice Newman, Rod McGeoch and Alan Jones, and they manage both the Sydney cricket and football stadiums. In 2010, a similar attempt to make a move on Moore Park was thwarted by a public outcry and a firm �no� by the then-premier Kristina Keneally.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    A small part of a much longer Crikey article:
    So it�s particularly concerning that the rolling green fields of Moore Park are once again under threat. Moore Park is managed by the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust, which also takes in Queens Park and the Entertainment Quarter. Under its act, the trust�s role is to: �maintain and improve the Trusts land, maintain the right of the public to the use of the Trust lands, and ensure the protection of the environment within the Trust lands�.
    The second of those three responsibilities?�?to maintain the public use of the trust lands?�?is the critical one here, and it�s under threat.
    Right now, there�s a silent takeover move underway by the Sydney Cricket Ground and Sports Ground Trust for a large chunk of Moore Park for the inevitable use of elite sports. The SCG Trust includes some of the most powerful business and media names in Australia, such as Tony Shepherd, Maurice Newman, Rod McGeoch and Alan Jones, and they manage both the Sydney cricket and football stadiums. In 2010, a similar attempt to make a move on Moore Park was thwarted by a public outcry and a firm �no� by the then-premier Kristina Keneally.
    Moore Park and Centennial Park are separate. But beside the point, I guess. Same principles should apply to both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast