Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alan Jones and the SCG Trust

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Moore Park and Centennial Park are separate. But beside the point, I guess. Same principles should apply to both.
    Liz - it's the same trust. Just as the Botanic Gardens and the Domain is a joint trust (incidentally, the four are jointly administered.) Ita Buttrose was particularly vociferous against this land grab, as a trustee of the Centennial Park Trust, referring to "the lungs of the city".

Veteran Site Admin
    The trust may be the same, but aren't the two parks distinct?

... I think they are just divided by Anzac Parade.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    He should just come out of the closet.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Jones' position on the Trust should be untenable based on his comments, the fact that the Swans are one of the major users of the SCG and that Mike Baird has been quite direct in his statements supporting Goodes and decrying racism. The fact that there is a "Trust" anyway is a bit of a joke to be honest. We've inherited this whole ground membership thing from a highly classist English system that is better off consigned to the scrap heap.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    ... I think they are just divided by Anzac Parade.
    I thought Centennial Park was a well defined area, with a clear fence / wall defining its boundaries. There are parts of the more open / piecemeal Moore Park area on both sides of Anzac Parade, with CP itself a little way back from Anzac Parade.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Here's hoping that if it comes to the crunch Mike Baird (who seems a very decent bloke to this Mexican) follows the excellent precedent of Kristina Keneally.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought Centennial Park was a well defined area, with a clear fence / wall defining its boundaries. There are parts of the more open / piecemeal Moore Park area on both sides of Anzac Parade, with CP itself a little way back from Anzac Parade.
    Centennial Park is also a suburb with residents and a post code (I think) which could be causing confusion. Much as Albert Park does in Melbourne.

Have a feeling this may be in the SMH tomorrow for all the Sydneysiders here....

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Ultimately it will be Mike Baird's call, time to man up Mike
    I notice Baird has been relatively silent over this whole affair. A one line statement that could have been made, and probably was, on Twitter. That's it. But what can you expect from the Conservativer/Fascist government. Jones should be sacked. Time to pump up the pressure. A Get Up petition would be better as it is an Australian site, Change is American and I feel might not have the impact due to international people signing. This is about Australian attitudes and values.

Start the letter writing people

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I notice Baird has been relatively silent over this whole affair. A one line statement that could have been made, and probably was, on Twitter. That's it. But what can you expect from the Conservativer/Fascist government. Jones should be sacked. Time to pump up the pressure. A Get Up petition would be better as it is an Australian site, Change is American and I feel might not have the impact due to international people signing. This is about Australian attitudes and values.
    Abbott and Baird are scared of Jones.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?

Jones' position on the Trust should be untenable based on his comments, the fact that the Swans are one of the major users of the SCG and that Mike Baird has been quite direct in his statements supporting Goodes and decrying racism. The fact that there is a "Trust" anyway is a bit of a joke to be honest. We've inherited this whole ground membership thing from a highly classist English system that is better off consigned to the scrap heap.
    Agreed. Complete with its anachronistic rules like 'no collar in the Noble Stand, no admittance', and having a 'Ladies Stand' in 2015 but i can see how it would appeal to people like Jones and his acolytes as it has that 1950s nostalgic feel when fat middle class white men ruled the planet without being questioned.

https://independentaustralia.net/_li...ones-count.jpg
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast