Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alan Jones and the SCG Trust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alan Jones and the SCG Trust

I am wondering if anyone shares my view that Alan Jones' role as a trustee of the SCG is untenable in the wake of his hate filled attack on Adam Goodes last week.

Surely he cannot be part of a body that promotes sport, and by definition sportsmanship, whilst actively supporting the bullying and vilification of a sporting legend.

I am also unaware of any formal statement from the SCG Trust in support of Adam.

I am a SCG member and I will be writing to the SCG but I know where my letter will end up. Alan was not voted in by the Trust members but is rather a government appointment to this pathetic boys club.

Something should be done though and I feel a Change.Org petition for Alan Jones to be removed as an SCG Trustee would, in the current climate, gather critical mass very very quickly.

But we need to be quick - if anyone here with a better command of the English language is up to the challenge I salute you and I will make it my mission to spread the word....

I agree with you - seeing as the Swans are the major tenant and he has just insulted them. Mind you he's been pretty quiet since the serve he copped mid last week by Peter Fitzsimons, Robbo declaring publicly that he despised him and Charlie Pickerings dig at him. Old Al doesn't take critisism too well and tends to ignore it and avoids the subject. I'm keen to see if that stupid old fart (the Kyle Sandilands of the over 80's) says anything- I hope he saw what happened on Saturday - what an amazing show of support, love & respect for our Adam Goodes - never been more proud of the Swans Family (and a big thankyou to the crows supporters too - you have had a really rough time of late too - we support you as well)
    Last edited by Wardy; 3rd August 2015 at 08:43 AM.

Yes MP, while I have no real idea of the finances involved, I strongly suspect that the SCG and the SCG Trust have become a lot more affluent since the Swans and the AFL have been contributing to the coffers. So, that may be another area were pressure can be applied, since Jones has specifically taken a stand against the inclusive values of both the Swans and the AFL.

I feel like changing my name.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    What's not to like about "Big"?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

At the end of the day, I don't think the Trust members have a lot to say in the running of things... decisions are made by the board.

I doubt he'll open his mouth on the subject again.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I'd rather see Alan Jones removed from the planet.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Looks like Richard colless reads rwo

http://m.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/pus...06-gitd0b.html

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Looks like Richard colless reads rwo

http://m.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/pus...06-gitd0b.html
    Ultimately it will be Mike Baird's call, time to man up Mike

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Ultimately it will be Mike Baird's call, time to man up Mike
    Mike Baird, is he your Premier? Have Jones against you at the next election? Unlikely to happen

The fact that people listen to Jones shows you the sad state of society, the same sad state that leads to Goodes getting booed.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mike Baird, is he your Premier? Have Jones against you at the next election? Unlikely to happen

The fact that people listen to Jones shows you the sad state of society, the same sad state that leads to Goodes getting booed.
    I'm not so sure, our Premier is a different type of politician, one with a bit of a backbone.

It would actually make sense for him politically. No way would Jones back the labor party and by knifing Jones Baird will win over a legion of new fans.

Go on Mike, do the deed, you know it makes sense..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast