Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Geelong round 19

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Out: Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond
    And "I see red" - Split Enz.

Actually, just play Up There For Sydney at every break and we're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yeh, what is the go with that??
    Don't know but I did find this and I like it:

At every Red Sox home game, �Sweet Caroline� is played before the bottom of the 8th inning. Legend has it the song was a request by former Red Sox announcer Ed Brickley who wanted the song to be played as tribute to the newborn baby girl of Billy Fitzpatrick who worked at Fenway Park for 20 years and that it just caught on from there. But that�s not truth.

In reality, the song became the unofficial theme song of the Boston Red Sox because someone liked the song, played it and it stuck.

Amy Toby was in charge of the music for Fenway from 1998 to 2004 and responsible for picking the music that played between innings. She picked �Sweet Caroline� because she liked the song and had heard it played at other sporting events.

When the song was played the first couple of times at Fenway, it was only played at random games in the middle of the 7th and 9th innings and only if the Red Sox were ahead. Amy thought of the song as somewhat of a good luck charm and it stuck. In 2002, �Sweet Caroline� became an official Fenway tradition and to this day is played before the bottom of the 8th inning at each home game.

(also it seems to have become a song related to honouring the Boston bombing victims... see Wikipedia (Disambiguation - the big wikipedia, not Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,with reserves, history, draft, trade, team lists, publications )

Read More: Why is �Sweet Caroline� the Boston Red Sox Theme Song? | Why is �Sweet Caroline� the Boston Red Sox Theme Song?
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    I think Goodes has been among our best 10 players over the past month. But I also think the booing was wearing down the whole team. Adam stepping away brought it all to a head and the team played for him and with something to prove. I think/hope that's a monkey off their backs and they continue to play with the same enthusiasm this week. But Goodes being in the team will certainly be a lift, at least for this next game.

After that, who knows? Some skills returning would be nice.

Mickey was asked if Adam could play on next year. He said that in his current form he could but didn't say it with any conviction. He also said he'd told him that if Goodes wasn't back for the Cats then Mickey would have to lace up his boots again - we all cheered. He's looking fit enough too - and you couldn't say that about many of the Legends.

Anyone know where the cheer squad will be located for this? I'm trying to work out where to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I think Goodes has been among our best 10 players over the past month. But I also think the booing was wearing down the whole team. Adam stepping away brought it all to a head and the team played for him and with something to prove. I think/hope that's a monkey off their backs and they continue to play with the same enthusiasm this week. But Goodes being in the team will certainly be a lift, at least for this next game.

After that, who knows? Some skills returning would be nice.

Mickey was asked if Adam could play on next year. He said that in his current form he could but didn't say it with any conviction. He also said he'd told him that if Goodes wasn't back for the Cats then Mickey would have to lace up his boots again - we all cheered. He's looking fit enough too - and you couldn't say that about many of the Legends.
    Gee I'd love to see Magic out there one last time ... maybe with Davis kicking 4 in the final 4 too!

MRP - no action against McGlynn (I could swear I saw him get hit in the head).

In other MRP news:
    Firrito got a reduced fine for "no applicable record" for "careless conduct with medium impact to the head". Mmmm.
    and
    Brian "the choker" Lake also got a discount for "no applicable record" [I think the slates got wiped at the start of this season].
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by S120 View Post
    Anyone know where the cheer squad will be located for this? I'm trying to work out where to sit.
    They are usually in the pocket between the Reg Hickey stand & the Players Stand, unless things have changed for this year.

Senior Player
    So based on Longmires presser it's certain that goodesy will be playing. I'd also say that it's highly likely that franklin won't be playing.

Best news of all is that Geelong will be without stevie j. It feels like karma actually after his low hit on McVeigh in our last game. He got off for that but we have the last laugh with him being suspended for our return game.

Blog Entries
    Don't know but I did find this and I like it:

At every Red Sox home game, �Sweet Caroline� is played before the bottom of the 8th inning. Legend has it the song was a request by former Red Sox announcer Ed Brickley who wanted the song to be played as tribute to the newborn baby girl of Billy Fitzpatrick who worked at Fenway Park for 20 years and that it just caught on from there. But that�s not truth.

In reality, the song became the unofficial theme song of the Boston Red Sox because someone liked the song, played it and it stuck.

Amy Toby was in charge of the music for Fenway from 1998 to 2004 and responsible for picking the music that played between innings. She picked �Sweet Caroline� because she liked the song and had heard it played at other sporting events.

When the song was played the first couple of times at Fenway, it was only played at random games in the middle of the 7th and 9th innings and only if the Red Sox were ahead. Amy thought of the song as somewhat of a good luck charm and it stuck. In 2002, �Sweet Caroline� became an official Fenway tradition and to this day is played before the bottom of the 8th inning at each home game.

(also it seems to have become a song related to honouring the Boston bombing victims... see Wikipedia (Disambiguation - the big wikipedia, not Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,with reserves, history, draft, trade, team lists, publications )

Read More: Why is �Sweet Caroline� the Boston Red Sox Theme Song? | Why is �Sweet Caroline� the Boston Red Sox Theme Song?
    I knew it was played at a baseball stadium.
    But still doesn't explain what it has to do the the Swans at the SCG.

Veterans List
    MRP - no action against McGlynn (I could swear I saw him get hit in the head).

In other MRP news:
    Firrito got a reduced fine for "no applicable record" for "careless conduct with medium impact to the head". Mmmm.
    and
    Brian "the choker" Lake also got a discount for "no applicable record" [I think the slates got wiped at the start of this season].
    Firrito actually got 1 match. It was similar to his hit on Franklin except he hit the guy on the front of the head instead of the back like he did to Buddy. About time he was punished, hopefully he will stop doing it!

Senior Player

G. BAD RECORD
    Base sanctions will continue to be impacted by Player record, however this
    is no longer linked to Carry-Over Points or percentage loadings. Instead,
    Players will be subject to an increased fine for a second low-level offence
    within the same AFL Season, and a one-match suspension plus a fine for
    third and subsequent low-level offences within the same season (reduced
    to a one-match suspension with an early plea). Players who have been
    suspended for at least two matches in total within the last two AFL Years
    will receive an additional one-match suspension on top of the base sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL...AAHgAAAAvICwA=

Senior Player
    @AFLTribunal: The Tribunal will sit tonight with Brian Lake contesting his rough conduct fine. All other players accepted their penalties from round 18.

@AFL: Stevie J will now miss Geelong�s clash with the Sydney Swans. https://t.co/OExKCGLdb6

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast