Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Changes for Geelong round 19

we'll know in about 15 minutes, but I think that Goodes in for Buddy helps us with team balance. I'm not convinced that there's room for Buddy, Tippett, Goodes and Nankervis all in the same team . . . we need two fast pressure forwards (Angry Man and BJ this week?), and Goodes is not that. Reid is useful for his versatility, which Goodesy doesn't bring as strongly. Goodes needs to play across half forward for maximum impact, but we can't expect defensive pressure from him. We also cannot afford to not play Nankervis: Tippett is impressive in ruck, but we also need him to play front and centre. I like what Nankervis brings rotating through the forward line�more impact than Pyke, sadly.
    The challenge will be to fit them all in next week, if everyone comes through: Rohan is a must, but it is a challenge to see how to fit the four talls. Admittedly, it's a good problem to have. I'm tempted to revisit the idea of Goodes as sub, though.

Goodes in for Franklin confirmed. No other changes.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    With 4 talls we will not win the big finals, prelim, GF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    On a slightly unrelated topic...A friend in Perth informs me that some pundit at a Perth radio station insists that Franklin is leaving the Swans at end of season...for GWS....Because of salary cap stuff...AFL denies it to this particular reporter...
    Thanks for the sane responses you blokes...I feel better now...
    Last edited by Swans500; 6th August 2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Repeated myself...

Senior Player
    Bulldogs tearing Port A new one. More than just smokies. Is there a Matchday thread?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Bulldogs tearing Port A new one. More than just smokies. Is there a Matchday thread?
    They play the majority of their games under the pristine conditions of Etihad so wait and see what happens when they have to play elsewhere. Their draw has been very favorable. Smokies?? I am not convinced yet - remember just a couple of weeks ago The Hawks were going to go through undefeated then The Tigers got them.

McGlynn out replaced by Zac Jones who is sub. A big loss for us considering the impact he had coming back last week!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    They are currently above us on percentage so tonight's game is very important. Our own fault for losing to the Doggies and the Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    McGlynn out replaced by Zac Jones who is sub. A big loss for us considering the impact he had coming back last week!
    Have they said if McGlynn is injured? I'm hoping it is just due to match fitness as Longmire said last week that he was under done.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456