Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 19: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Yeah, I loved that too. It was very touching.
    This is in reply to Liz

A good hard contest from both sides and a good win given we lost our 2 best midfielders early on.

Perris and Newman both have a good feel for the game and make the right decisions more often than not. It's a very valuable attribute.

I liked the effort of both Jones and Towers. Jones will definitely become a very good player. Towers is not without a chance if he keeps working hard, but has to improve his marking and kicking skills.

I'm feeling better about Xav coming into our defence at some time. I think he will make it. Not as sure about Aliir, but he's worth persisting with. It may take another 2 years before learns the game enough to play at the highest level.

Didn't see much of Melican, but his pace alone is something to get excited about. Just what our defence needs.

Happy enough to see Davis playing in the midfield at this point of his career. I think he has the right mix of talent and nous to become a good forward in due course.

McClaren is not a forward. He might be okay as a defender. Perhaps it's good training for him to play forward at this point in his career.

As mentioned before, I liked what I saw in Brown. Looks promising for a 17 yo.

Nankervis will be a good ruckman in a couple of years. Maybe Mummy version 2.0

Given the relatively shallow draft this year, I'd be inclined to keep Marsh another year if we have the room on our list.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Injuries Robinson shoulder and Hewett concussion.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Well done Ludwig. I stated that Jake would like look a fair player about 3 months ago and nobody noticed. Well picked Ludwig.

[QUOTE=Ludwig;679467]A good hard contest from both sides and a good win given we lost our 2 best midfielders early on.

I had to edit my reply...twice. Definitive insight. I love this blog. No, really I do, but what I'd love more is a well-rounded approach to the pitfalls and upswings of the game and how they impact all of our 'hopeful to be' players. It seems to me there's always a lot of swinging. We tend to look for what's wrong and not what's going right. Here it comes ... UGH!!!!
    AND LET ME JUST SAY... WELL DONE, BOYS!!! Oh, wait, did I just say something reasonably nice? Shoot me.
    Last edited by Buffalo; 14th August 2015 at 09:31 PM.

So who comes in for Parker, Laidler and perhaps Heeney ressies watchers?

Longmire just mentioned Robinson broken collarbone and Hewitt concussed. Will be interesting who comes in with parker out and injury clouds hanging over laidler, rohan, heeney.
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    So who comes in for Parker, Laidler and perhaps Heeney ressies watchers?
    I reckon you might add Hannebery to that list. I suspect he might have broken or fractured ribs.

They'll pick from Jones Rose Towers and Marsh. Richards Nankervis have some merit but wouldn't fit in the structure.

Senior Player
    Interesting that Rampe moved into the midfield after Parker went down, and drew a compliment from Longmire in the presser. Perhaps he'll stay there next week and Jones will take the spot in the backline.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Lewis melican

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A good hard contest from both sides and a good win given we lost our 2 best midfielders early on.

Perris and Newman both have a good feel for the game and make the right decisions more often than not. It's a very valuable attribute.

I liked the effort of both Jones and Towers. Jones will definitely become a very good player. Towers is not without a chance if he keeps working hard, but has to improve his marking and kicking skills.

I'm feeling better about Xav coming into our defence at some time. I think he will make it. Not as sure about Aliir, but he's worth persisting with. It may take another 2 years before learns the game enough to play at the highest level.

Didn't see much of Melican, but his pace alone is something to get excited about. Just what our defence needs.

Happy enough to see Davis playing in the midfield at this point of his career. I think he has the right mix of talent and nous to become a good forward in due course.

McClaren is not a forward. He might be okay as a defender. Perhaps it's good training for him to play forward at this point in his career.

As mentioned before, I liked what I saw in Brown. Looks promising for a 17 yo.

Nankervis will be a good ruckman in a couple of years. Maybe Mummy version 2.0

Given the relatively shallow draft this year, I'd be inclined to keep Marsh another year if we have the room on our list.
    Just on Lewis Melican, I was shocked when Tom Harley said he is definitely good enough to play senior football. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Interesting that Rampe moved into the midfield after Parker went down, and drew a compliment from Longmire in the presser. Perhaps he'll stay there next week and Jones will take the spot in the backline.
    Forgot to add Newman to the list of possibles. He could take Laidler's spot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast