Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stewie dew

stewie dew

Paul Roos was on footy classified on monday and saying that its getting crunch time to put in place his successor at Melbourne.

He said it needed to be someone of a like mind. He also mentioned stewie Dew quite a bit. I think he's still Rooseys favorite.

Any chance of us losing him next year?

Every chance. I read somewhere where Stewie said he ready for a senior coaching position.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Every chance. I read somewhere where Stewie said he ready for a senior coaching position.

We probably will lose him then, as you'd think Longmire is good for another 5 years at least.

Unlikely that GWS will need another coach for a while, so if Stewie wants to coach, he'll have to leave Sydney.

Not surprising. After all we have had a lot of coaches from other clubs who have come and gone (and come back again). If you want to coach you have to move around the country. Kirky for one moved awaaay over there. Lyons from Sydney, Melbourne, Freo. Its the nature of the job. We seem to keep a couple of them though, actually we keep a hell of a lot of our own past players. And I can see Shaw staying if he decides to leave the field soon. He would be a natural development coach.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Yep, Stewie said, just a week or 2 ago, that he was now ready to look for a senior coaching opportunity.

So my bet is, Stewie and Mal in the Dees colours next year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Opti-pessi-misti
    Did any one see Footy Classified on Monday night? Paul Roos was interviewed and in answering questions about a possible successor stated that Stewie Dew had turned down the position because his wife had just got a new job in Sydney and didn't want to move. I am still not sure I heard it right because it was so surprising, especially as earlier in the interview he had said that Stewie had contacted them to say he was interested in the position. According to the media at the time he turned it down or pulled out because he was still contracted to the Swans. I guess that doesn't make sense either!!

After the discussions with Melbourne last year, Dew did re-sign with us in October for another 3 years. I know it is possible he could break that contract if he were appointed head coach at another club.

"Assistant coach Stuart Dew has signed a new three-year contract with the Sydney Swans.

The deal will see Dew take on the new role of strategy and midfield coach."

Dew re-signs with the Swans - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    After the discussions with Melbourne last year, Dew did re-sign with us in October for another 3 years. I know it is possible he could break that contract if he were appointed head coach at another club.

"Assistant coach Stuart Dew has signed a new three-year contract with the Sydney Swans.

The deal will see Dew take on the new role of strategy and midfield coach."

Dew re-signs with the Swans - sydneyswans.com.au
    I thought we were annoyed with Roosy because he was taking too many of our coaches all at once. It's a year later now. We don't know what's gone on in the delicate balance of wants in Stewie's marriage. Career negotiations/ priorities are all part of being a couple. Maybe his wife is ready for a change. He might view his situation differently now. I think now we would probably let him go to be a head coch with our blessing, even if it meant breaking his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    I thought we were annoyed with Roosy because he was taking too many of our coaches all at once. It's a year later now. We don't know what's gone on in the delicate balance of wants in Stewie's marriage. Career negotiations/ priorities are all part of being a couple. Maybe his wife is ready for a change. He might view his situation differently now. I think now we would probably let him go to be a head coch with our blessing, even if it meant breaking his contract.
    Me too! Rather see Stuey than David on Sunrise!!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Did any one see Footy Classified on Monday night? Paul Roos was interviewed and in answering questions about a possible successor stated that Stewie Dew had turned down the position because his wife had just got a new job in Sydney and didn't want to move. I am still not sure I heard it right because it was so surprising, especially as earlier in the interview he had said that Stewie had contacted them to say he was interested in the position. According to the media at the time he turned it down or pulled out because he was still contracted to the Swans. I guess that doesn't make sense either!!
    I heard that the Swans agreed to give him extra responsibility as part of a succession plan. They didn't want to lose him and he didn't want to go. His wife is very happy in Sydney and this was the main driving force for Dew to remain in Sydney. It will be interesting to see how the Longmire/Dew situation pans out. Will it be as smooth as Roos/Longmire or as rocky as Hawke/Keating?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I heard that the Swans agreed to give him extra responsibility as part of a succession plan. They didn't want to lose him and he didn't want to go. His wife is very happy in Sydney and this was the main driving force for Dew to remain in Sydney. It will be interesting to see how the Longmire/Dew situation pans out. Will it be as smooth as Roos/Longmire or as rocky as Hawke/Keating?
    Or as Rocky as Malthouse/Buckley!!

I see longmire as a 10 year coach

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast