Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney V Collingwood Match Day Thread

Now for the 2nd half fade...

Regular in the Side
    Any fair observer would say Collingwood wins this ... we are playing an ordinary team ... and are making more errors than the Captain of the Titanic. Will we sink with him? Just awful ... and the coach just looks bewildered.

Veterans List
    We are far from a finals team let alone top 4. It's actually laughable how bad our skill errors are.

I'm scared what is going to happen after the dreaded halftime!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think Lingy is on to something. We look good going forward but defensively we are breaking down. Not enough man on man pressure. May be they are supposed to be playing a zone defense but is not working and Horse needs to make changes. We have just been lucky that the Pies have missed a few gettable shots on goal.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I hope Heeney doesn't continue his current form of starting well, albeit costly misses, and then going missing in the 2nd half.

Goodes has given nothing up forward but neither has anyone really...

Here's an Idea horse, get Jetta out of the back pocket, stick Tippett at full forward and try kicking the ball FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Here's an Idea horse, get Jetta out of the back pocket, stick Tippett at full forward and try kicking the ball FFS!
    +1

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

what is

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I think Lingy is on to something. We look good going forward but defensively we are breaking down. Not enough man on man pressure. May be they are supposed to be playing a zone defense but is not working and Horse needs to make changes. We have just been lucky that the Pies have missed a few gettable shots on goal.
    I think Lingy is on the money. We don't place body on body when they are trying to lead, we don't tackle any good anymore, they always get a handpass away. Skill errors galore. What is wrong with them????

I know what we are trying to do. We're trying to kick more than 9 goals in a game. The problem is that we just aren't good enough. We play like a bottom 8 side, not a top 8 side. There just doesn't seem to be a solution to our problems this year. We simply don't have the skills to move the ball forward whether by hand or foot.

What we are trying today is not just bomb it long to a contest. I commend the Swans for giving it a go. But we aren't the Western Bulldogs. It's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I know what we are trying to do. We're trying to kick more than 9 goals in a game. The problem is that we just aren't good enough. We play like a bottom 8 side, not a top 8 side. There just doesn't seem to be a solution to our problems this year. We simply don't have the skills to move the ball forward whether by hand or foot.

What we are trying today is not just bomb it long to a contest. I commend the Swans for giving it a go. But we aren't the Western Bulldogs. It's not working.
    Thought exactly the same

What ever needs to be corrected with this side I'm pretty sure won't be getting fixed this season i'm sad to say. The sooner the off season comes the better. I'm glad I'll be overseas for the next 7 weeks. Arrive home just in time for the GF. I will die of shock if the swans are in it.

Veterans List
    Does anyone know why Laidler was subbed out? He is going to be a loss in the backline.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast