Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 21 v GWS

Changes for round 21 v GWS

Optimistic ins:
    Franklin, McGlynn, Jones

Outs:
    Laidler, Parker, Heeney

It'll be interesting to see Reid's role this week, he could really stretch the Giant's defence with Davis out injured or he could be used to bolster our thinning defence.

Why Heeney out? Is he injured?

I'd probably rather Heeney if fit than Jones. Especially that Parker is out. Heeney and Mcglynn will have to pinch hit in the midfield.

Franklin and Mcglynn will be massive if we could get them back in.

Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    Why Heeney out? Is he injured?

I'd probably rather Heeney if fit than Jones. Especially that Parker is out. Heeney and Mcglynn will have to pinch hit in the midfield.

Franklin and Mcglynn will be massive if we could get them back in.
    There were rumours that he had badly injured his ribs, but if he's fit he's definitely in our starting 22

Veterans List
    I have heard 3 different issues with Heeney. Head, ribs and hip. So don't know what to believe!

I am always scared he is going to get injured. He has such a kamikaze style!

Watch for GWS to try and rough us up. I heard their match against Port was very fiery. Is that sniper Bugg playing?

Veterans List
    Perris for Parker seems like a logical swap.

No doubt GWS will come out fired up and try to unsettle the Swans with some rough stuff.....

Sheeds influence still shines through, with their upstart, in your face, style.

Hope we bring in a couple of combatants......ie: Jones & McGlynn

If Buddy is not available we'll probably need to find 1 more....Please not Towers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    No doubt GWS will come out fired up and try to unsettle the Swans with some rough stuff.....

If Buddy is not available we'll probably need to find 1 more....Please not Towers.
    Jones and Benny would seem the logical inclusions, they won't be taking any chances with Buddy

If the staff feel he is ready I'd love to see Perris get a run

If Luke is ruled out for the year then I would elevate Newman ahead of Perris. We are more in the need for a good kicking defender than another smallish midfielder. I think he could replace Laidler, although the Giants have a tall forward line and XR might be the better choice for next week.

If Buddy returns then Reid could play in defence in place of Laidler. Newman is the next player I'd like to see playing seniors. Rampe can always go into the midfield.

[QUOTE=Mel_C;679722]I have heard 3 different issues with Heeney. Head, ribs and hip. So don't know what to believe!

Seeing the way he plays probably all three.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Luke is ruled out for the year then I would elevate Newman ahead of Perris. We are more in the need for a good kicking defender than another smallish midfielder. I think he could replace Laidler, although the Giants have a tall forward line and XR might be the better choice for next week.

If Buddy returns then Reid could play in defence in place of Laidler. Newman is the next player I'd like to see playing seniors. Rampe can always go into the midfield.
    Definitely Xav for a third tall. Newman is only about 81kg and is more of a wingman or hbf to take on medium and small forwards. Not much heavier than Jetta.

Must say after watching the Ressies and the WC game I feel quite comfortable with the idea of Xav in the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Seeing the way he plays probably all three.
    That is what I thought too.
    The way he got clobbered on Friday night by foe and friend, I'm surprised he can still walk.

After the game, Zac Heeney told me that he had broken a rib.
    It was Tipoff's fault.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast