Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GWS v Swans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Ok, so deep breath, Rose has a season or two to go before he'll be a regular and have the tank.

But watching him, was trying to think of a 'like' player. So, does this work: the quick first few steps, good evasion, knows where the goals are, and with fitness, will be able to alternate between small forward and outside mid/wing = Luke Breust?
    During the game I was thinking Mark LeCras. Plays taller than his size strong hands good leap natural forward and can finish.

Just about every player from both sides bent over and stuffed at the final siren.
    It was pretty hot, and a lot of running.
    I felt a bit sorry for all the kids in Giants gear, so was happy they got kick to kick.
    Swans were on song, Giants made a fair few clanger .

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Ok, so deep breath, Rose has a season or two to go before he'll be a regular and have the tank.

But watching him, was trying to think of a 'like' player. So, does this work: the quick first few steps, good evasion, knows where the goals are, and with fitness, will be able to alternate between small forward and outside mid/wing = Luke Breust?
    Apparently his tank is just fine. Maybe he will be in Best 22 mid next year?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Yep. Good call. In some ways, the best feature of what he did today was the kick to advantage to Goodes.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Rose scored 4 more AF points in a quarter than Towers did in the whole game(46-42). Towers to be traded at seasons end......

- - - Updated - - -

Are we the "Bluds"?
    Dayne Rampe scored not many more fantasy points yet I thought he had a good game. Wouldn't base trades on fantasy score, personally.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rose is a natural footballer and in particular a natural forward who knows how to impact the scoreboard, Towers is an athlete who never looks quite comfortable when he has the ball and has poor skills.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I could sit on my fat butt in the back pocket drinking JD and cokes and have more to offer than Towers

Opti-pessi-misti
    Just as well they collectively came out with renewed intent in the 3rd quarter. That 1 goal 5 points 2nd quarter was a bit worrying!

Great to now have two young players to be excited about. Maybe giving James Rose jumper number 1 was prophetic! Like his self-belief. He almost kicked 4.

Regular in the Side
    Towers is what he is ... and seems a pleasant bloke to boot ... not his fault coaches can't come to grips with his quite limited ability to influence games in any way.

Given that Heeney was subbed out with Rose the replacement, I imagine his role was to be the small forward. I would expect Heeney to re-gain his position.

Towers was played as a classic wingman, and did well enough.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Given that Heeney was subbed out with Rose the replacement, I imagine his role was to be the small forward. I would expect Heeney to re-gain his position.

Towers was played as a classic wingman, and did well enough.
    Yes, but just doing 'well enough' against a team that was flat and playing poorly, translates to being 'unsighted' against a team like the Hawks.

Though Teddy was a real stalwart in defence today.
    Absolute blessing of a game. Selection table will be interesting next week.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast