Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round v St Kilda

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I think you will find that Mooroolbark is a completely different club these days - one that I would have no hesitation sending my son to.
    Probably is. Back them, late 90's, some of the boys had issues.

It's always been a solid club. As you say Nico, must've been a few troubled kids at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    That was my interpretation too. Also mentioned he'd like to give Rose another run.

I wonder whether it'll be:

IN: Franklin, Mitchell
    OUT: Towers, Jones

Sub: Heeney

I thought Longmire had a bit of steel and self-belief back in that press conference. Certainly the mantra was that there was no room for complacency.
    This is my first post.

I like Heeney as Sub.

I would hope Rohan would get up with Mitchell and Franklin.

Outs - Rose, Towers, Jones
    Ins - Franklin, Rohan, Mitchell

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    This is my first post.

I like Heeney as Sub.

I would hope Rohan would get up with Mitchell and Franklin.

Outs - Rose, Towers, Jones
    Ins - Franklin, Rohan, Mitchell
    Welcome to RWO.
    It would be good if all those changes came through but I doubt it, maybe one or two? I hope they don't rush anyone back to soon, the Saints will a probably be a much stronger proposition than the Giants but I still believe last weeks team would be strong enough to win the last two rounds.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    And...when my son played for Croydon Under 16's against Mooroolbark (I ran the boundary and S Mitchell was playing) one of their players pulled a knife after the game and threatened one of our players after on field sledging. Classy mob were the Barkers.
    Ah, the old Eastern District FL days eh? That was the seventies anyway(showing my age!), it's all changed over the years. We did play both Mooroolbark and Croydon though.....and sometimes unfortunately Olinda, up on Mt Dandenong in the middle of bloody winter, when you couldn't feel the ball in your hands, and you hope the visitors rooms have half decent HWS and showers. Those were the days......character building stuff!! With the S.Mitchell reference, your tale must be more recent, but it sounds like not much has changed down that way. Some of my best years were in that beautiful area, footy, cricket, basketball and other youthful pursuits, and of course the river....I could go on. Good times.....

For mine, Rose needs to be given a full game to see if he can cut it. Gives us a different option up forward that blokes like Towers and Jack doesn't (goals). Subs vest to Goodes for a freshen up going into the Finals.

Changes if all fit:

In: Franklin, Mitchell, Rohan
    Out: Towers, Jack, Jones

PS. Mooroolbark actually not a bad club anymore. A few ferals like all local clubs have but overall pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Hard to know whether any of, Buddy, McGlynn, Rohan, Mitchell, will be ready for next week.

Doubt we'll see Buddy, given he has a torn back muscle and rib cartilage damage.
    I suspect they'll want to give him another week to recover, then bring him back for a tune up against Gold Coast.

McGlynn will need to prove his fitness in the 2's for mine.

Mitchell has bleeding behind his eye, so more than likely another week off.

Rohan maybe if his knee settles quickly.

So perhaps it will be....

OUTS: Towers (omitted), Rose (unlucky)

INS : Rohan, Bird

Heeney (sub)
    Hmmm...Close to 100% wrong. I'll have another go...

OUT : Towers (omitted), Heeney (rested), Hannebery (rested)

IN : Franklin, Rohan, Mitchell
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Hmmm...Close to 100% wrong. I'll have another go...

OUT : Towers (omitted), Heeney (rested), Hannebery (rested)

IN : Franklin, Rohan, Mitchell
    I have to laugh at people who "rest" players in their ins and outs. Don't take it personally, Ernie, you're but one of dozens, probably hundreds if I looked across all clubs.

It's a way of getting out of making the tough calls that selectors have to make. Either we have a 2 match break at the top of the ladder, or players are injured or omitted.

If you want to bring in Franklin, Mitchell, and Rohan, you're going to have to drop 3.

1. Towers
    2. Rose
    3. Jones

Not Swans related but I see Nat Fyfe is out for the last 2 H/A games. Is that to protect the Brownlow as he is so 'clumsy'? Will anyone be close enough to take the Brownlow away ala Matt Priddis last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy Eyes View Post
    I have to laugh at people who "rest" players in their ins and outs. Don't take it personally, Ernie, you're but one of dozens, probably hundreds if I looked across all clubs.

It's a way of getting out of making the tough calls that selectors have to make. Either we have a 2 match break at the top of the ladder, or players are injured or omitted.

If you want to bring in Franklin, Mitchell, and Rohan, you're going to have to drop 3.

1. Towers
    2. Rose
    3. Jones
    Maybe so. It's just my opinion.

But IMO both Heeney and Hannebery were labouring a little last week...Both look overly sore to me.

Hanners seems to have lost his acceleration(possibly groin issue), and Heeney has a sore knee.

It's just guesswork from here on the outside, but if Horse said, as some say he did, that he wants to give Rose another game.

Then this could be a good opportunity to rest a couple of sore players before the finals.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Not Swans related but I see Nat Fyfe is out for the last 2 H/A games. Is that to protect the Brownlow as he is so 'clumsy'? Will anyone be close enough to take the Brownlow away ala Matt Priddis last year?
    Yes......Matt Priddis.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes......Matt Priddis.
    I would prefer Matt Priddis, or even Todd Goldstein to that thug Sam Mitchell. Fyfe is a great player to watch, and he hasn't been the same since that deliberate cork by Mitchell. Mitchell should have been rubbed out.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast