Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round v St Kilda

Changes for Round v St Kilda

In: Buddy Benny Gary Tommy
    Out: Rose Towers Jones BJ

And it hurts me to say that re BJ because I believe he can make it as a very good senior AFL footballer, it's just that at this stage I don't think he is in our best

Rose will definitely be good for the run and I expect him to play some more senior footy next year, Jones is another year off to being a regular and Towers as we know is a squad player who will never be in a full strength side but I also thought we had a good game for us today

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

And it hurts me to say that re BJ because I believe he can make it as a very good senior AFL footballer, it's just that at this stage I don't think he is in our best

Rose will definitely be good for the run and I expect him to play some more senior footy next year, Jones is another year off to being a regular and Towers as we know is a squad player who will never be in a full strength side but I also thought we had a good game for us today
    Agree with all those selections if all are fit and ready to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Benny perhaps play a managed game through the reserves which would perhaps save BJ for 1 more week as he has missed a lot of footy in the 2nd half of the year.

At least we know if called upon, all 4 of them can come in and play their role which is all you can ask of depth players.

We really need to get our favoured finals 22 out there and playing together but in saying that, I would not play Buddy this week unless he is 100% ready!

Senior Player
    Saints drawing with Cats means a hard game for us at Etihad. Will have to be on iur
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Saints drawing with Cats means a hard game for us at Etihad. Will have to be on iur
    On our game!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    I was at the Saints game tonight and we definitely have to be switched on. It definitely won't be an easy game. They run so well and find space. Our defense have to watch Bruce. The cats disposal was off tonight, especially their entries inside 50. A shame they couldn't be off when we played them!

Even if McGlynn is fit I can't see him coming straight back into the first team.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I'm sure we won't take the Saints lightly, they have played some good footy this year before tonight and I know that horse will be reminding the boys all week about that!

They are fast starters so we need to be on early like we were today!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I'm sure we won't take the Saints lightly, they have played some good footy this year before tonight and I know that horse will be reminding the boys all week about that!

They are fast starters so we need to be on early like we were today!
    With due respect to the Saints and Suns, if we can't beat them both then we do not deserve to be in the top 4.

Saints especially are a much improved outfit this season and I think they'll be very competitive next year and could well be finals contenders they year after

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

I wonder whether Heeney will be given a week off. Looked battered after last week's game, not too involved yesterday and obviously substituted.

Veterans List
    Buddy in this week, Mitchell too. McGlynn won't be rushed back, Towers definitely out, Heeney for a rest.

Give Rose a full game, he may actually be in our best 22 now!

Hard to know whether any of, Buddy, McGlynn, Rohan, Mitchell, will be ready for next week.

Doubt we'll see Buddy, given he has a torn back muscle and rib cartilage damage.
    I suspect they'll want to give him another week to recover, then bring him back for a tune up against Gold Coast.

McGlynn will need to prove his fitness in the 2's for mine.

Mitchell has bleeding behind his eye, so more than likely another week off.

Rohan maybe if his knee settles quickly.

So perhaps it will be....

OUTS: Towers (omitted), Rose (unlucky)

INS : Rohan, Bird

Heeney (sub)
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Would really like to see Heeney rested so we can see a fresh Franklin and Heeney reeking havoc in the forward line come finals.
    Mitchell, Rohan, Buddy and McGlynn are automatic ins if fit, but I think Buddy and McGlynn will be given another week off. So...

Ins: Mitchell, Rohan
    Outs: Heeney (rested), Towers

Rose to sub again.
    If Mitchell can't come in I'd bring in Bird. Otherwise if McGlynn and Buddy are ready unfortunately Jones and Rose would have to make room and I'd have BJ to sub

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast