Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes for Round v St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Are you getting any more optimistic about our finals prospects or do you still regard 2015 as a write off and time to get underway with the mini-rebuild? Blooding new players, experimenting with new structures etc.?
    Yes. I am feeling a lot more optimistic after the last 3 wins.

Funny how we came back to win our first game against Essendon after Parker got knocked out. Again, after Parker's injury in the Collingwood game, we've really turned things around. Maybe we play better without him, although I couldn't say why that should be, except perhaps that our other midfielders feel they have to step up.

It's hard to say how much of our reversal in form has been due to the weak opposition, but a lot of players that were in poor form earlier have suddenly raised their game. Pyke is turning back the clock to 2013, taking strong marks and kicking goals. Maybe he can get some of Goodsey's stem cell treatment and go on another year. KJ seems to play better when his little brother is in the side. Mitchell is in great form and Macca is getting back to his best as well. As has been mentioned, Reg is in career best form and Ted has also looked a lot better since returning from suspension. Maybe he needed some time off.

You have to get lucky with injury and form at the right time of year. Maybe after an unimpressive season we are finally hitting our straps. I don't think we'll really know until the game in Perth in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yes. I am feeling a lot more optimistic after the last 3 wins.

Funny how we came back to win our first game against Essendon after Parker got knocked out. Again, after Parker's injury in the Collingwood game, we've really turned things around. Maybe we play better without him, although I couldn't say why that should be, except perhaps that our other midfielders feel they have to step up.

It's hard to say how much of our reversal in form has been due to the weak opposition, but a lot of players that were in poor form earlier have suddenly raised their game. Pyke is turning back the clock to 2013, taking strong marks and kicking goals. Maybe he can get some of Goodsey's stem cell treatment and go on another year. KJ seems to play better when his little brother is in the side. Mitchell is in great form and Macca is getting back to his best as well. As has been mentioned, Reg is in career best form and Ted has also looked a lot better since returning from suspension. Maybe he needed some time off.

You have to get lucky with injury and form at the right time of year. Maybe after an unimpressive season we are finally hitting our straps. I don't think we'll really know until the game in Perth in a couple of weeks.
    I think the opposition has to get some of the credit - hopefully they've played us back into form. But also I think we are getting some things right, things weren't as bad as they seemed (to borrow a line) and it really helps that some players are hitting their straps at the right time of the season - whether due to good management, luck or whatever.

Incidentally, how is it supporting the Swans from Thailand? Do you ever get to see games live?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Incidentally, how is it supporting the Swans from Thailand? Do you ever get to see games live?
    I haven't been back to Australia in more than 2 years. I don't really mind not going to the games these days. With the Global membership you get every AFL game live on the video stream and can see the replays for up to a couple years.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567