Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Membership numbers

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Yeah there was something along the lines of 1 million "fans" of the club, across social media, TV ratings etc. which apparently made us bigger than Collingwood (?)
    It's why we have the most valuable piece of sporting real estate in Australia - Citi, QBE and VW pay top coin for their little patches.

In a way GWS has energised the Swans, I feel we were getting as little stale at the end of the Roos era which is fair enough as he was our longest servicing coach. The Buddy signing has been a masterstroke to date and the punt on the salary cap movement has paid off.

Just need to Academy to start producing a stream (but not a flood) of good AFL players.

I have been following the Swans since (literally) day one in Sydney and I have never felt so engaged with the club as I do right now

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Yeah there was something along the lines of 1 million "fans" of the club, across social media, TV ratings etc. which apparently made us bigger than Collingwood (?)
    On Grand final day there was a Morgan poll published.

Sydney Swans top AFL supporter ladder well ahead of Hawks in tenth - Roy Morgan Research
    Grand Finalists the Sydney Swans lead the pack for the ninth straight year as the AFL�s most widely supported club � 1.135 million supporters.
    Their Grand Final opponents, Hawthorn, have fewer than half that number spread across Australia (448,000).
    Of course at 3/4 time that dipped to 50k with 1.1 million undecided

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    On Grand final day there was a Morgan poll published.

Sydney Swans top AFL supporter ladder well ahead of Hawks in tenth - Roy Morgan Research

Of course at 3/4 time that dipped to 50k with 1.1 million undecided
    To be fair, Hawthorn getting 440,000 with that jumper is a fantastic achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    It's why we have the most valuable piece of sporting real estate in Australia - Citi, QBE and VW pay top coin for their little patches.

In a way GWS has energised the Swans, I feel we were getting as little stale at the end of the Roos era which is fair enough as he was our longest servicing coach. The Buddy signing has been a masterstroke to date and the punt on the salary cap movement has paid off.

Just need to Academy to start producing a stream (but not a flood) of good AFL players.

I have been following the Swans since (literally) day one in Sydney and I have never felt so engaged with the club as I do right now
    If I recall correctly, the major partners pay upwards of $1m/season and it may have increased significantly this season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12