Thread: Marty to North?

Marty to North?

Talk over here is that Marty Mattner might coach North Adelaide next season

Over my dead body.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

If he wants a career as a coach it's important he is exposed to different environments. Good on him for taking the steps to develop himself ( and young footballers).

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Talk over here is that Marty Mattner might coach North Adelaide next season
    Wouldn't be all that bad as it opens a spot for Rhyce Shaw. I think he would be a great coach. Maybe even a player coach in the ressies.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Over my dead body.
    Save your body for more important things. What will we do if Goodesy gets booed in the finals and you're not around?

I am not worried if Marty heads off to coach North Adelaide.

Crouchy is still here and Rhyce & Goodsie retire at the end of the season.

I think it is time to bring Crouchy into the Assistant Coaching panel. He is a good coach and mentor of the young lads already. Helping out in the mids he would be invaluable. Him and Francou in the mids. I think Dew and Blakey will probably apply for the Essendon coaching job. They are going to give the coach time at Essendon due to the poisoned chalice they have to take on. This would mean they can develop their own team.

Shaw as coach......Yep, been making that call for a couple of years now. those who sit close enough can hear him coaching from the sidelines, on the ground, anywhere. God he is loud. Excellent.

Love Marty, but his home is Adelaide isn't it. Its a great gig if that's what he wants.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I am not worried if Marty heads off to coach North Adelaide.

Crouchy is still here and Rhyce & Goodsie retire at the end of the season.

I think it is time to bring Crouchy into the Assistant Coaching panel. He is a good coach and mentor of the young lads already. Helping out in the mids he would be invaluable.
    I would prefer we had a coach who actually played in the mids to take that role, although I know we have an interesting track record in that department...

Marty has given us plenty to cheer about on the field and has done a good job off field as well. Was really pleased he stayed around after he retired as it would have been very easy to go back to SA then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I would prefer we had a coach who actually played in the mids to take that role, although I know we have an interesting track record in that department...
    I don't understand your point? Jared Crouch was a mid and tagger. Acker hated him because he used to tag him out of matches. Matthews gave up in the end and chucked Acker forward against the swans. he played on all the top mids in the comp, Judd, Cousins, Ball, Bickley, you name them he played on them. He has been very good as development coach and then this year development manager. Unfortunately we have had injuries all year not just in the Seniors but in the McGoos too; Naismith, Hewett, Foote, Perris, Newman, Derrickx, Aliir, X. Richards, Robbo, Jones, Hiscox & melican all being injured at different times.

Veteran Site Admin
    I read something somewhere this morning (but can't remember where) reporting that Josh Carr has been appointed as coach for North Adelaide next season. So maybe Marty stays in Sydney?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)