Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to play in week 1?

Who would you like to play in week 1?

Week one of the finals :?
    1) freo in perth.
    2) wc in perth.
    3) hawks in melbourne

Is this based on an assumption that the Swans will win next 2 games? They will have ti if they want to stay in top 4. The game against St. Kilda won't be easy and I hope the players take it seriously. Ask me next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Is this based on an assumption that the Swans will win next 2 games? They will have ti if they want to stay in top 4. The game against St. Kilda won't be easy and I hope the players take it seriously. Ask me next week.
    You're going off topic Zlatorog, but yes, it assumes we finish top 4. Whether thats by winning 2 games or winning less and relying on other results.

Actually, I think its mathematically impossible to meet Hawks in the first week. They'd have to finish 1st, because we cant leap frog Freo or WC even if they lost the next 2.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Probably Freo but I would be happier if we beat the Weagles in Perth. ATM the Eagles would appear the harder task.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Week one of the finals :?
    1) freo in perth.
    2) wc in perth.
    3) hawks in melbourne
    Oooh we haven't had a poll for a while. Where is the "ROK is hot" option? I vote Freo.

Veterans List
    My idea would be for us to beat Freo and the Eagles to beat the Hawks. Both look like possibilities at present - Parker back would be nice. And thrashing the Saints would be a good start. Who can be our Schneiderman to turn the game and kick us to a win as he did over the Saints in 2005.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Oooh we haven't had a poll for a while. Where is the "ROK is hot" option?
    Sad If not us then who?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Eagles.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Freo would be my first option but at the end of the day, if you want a premiership you gotta beat the best teams.

Veterans List
    I think Freo first up is my preference, more chance of beating them in their current form than the Eagles or Dorks, but still a massive challenge in Perth.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'd like to play the Orcs and get them out of the way.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Warming the Bench
    Definitely Freo in Perth, but it looks like our fortunes are in Port Adelaide's hands. Looking at the ladder predictor, for WCE (who I'd rather save for last) to Not finish 1st, Port Have to beat them. Horks... I wanna do them slowly! Long... hard... and Slowly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast