Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 22: Saints and Swans

Let's hope Smith is only a minor one and 2 weeks at best. Just thinking who we could put back in a final if needed. Perhaps Rohan? We'd lose his speed forward but hopefully Benny will come back in to provide the pressure and buddy's back to improve his mobility too.

Mitchell BOG for mine. Hannas & Joey next. Heeney very good. Pity about Smithy. I think it seems just to be a hamstring twinge. Painful and uncomfortable but not a big worry I think. Has been an ok game. Not as good as last week but not bad at all. Better than most of the season. Still playing not laying.

Veterans List
    It's not good sitting behind the bench because you see all the players being worked on and it gives me heart failure! As well as Smithy, Cunningham was limping and Reid had issues with his buttock/hip area.

And as I type this Cunningham has come to the bench limping to start the quarter so we only have one rotation! And normally Longmire is very conservative with the sub.

What I want for the rest of this qtr? No more injuries! Perhaps if we have a sore player or 2 next week we could finally debut Harry Marsh? He was in the best players in the ressies again I see.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    We are we rushing shots?

Veterans List
    A few rednecks persist, but the follow up cheers drown them out! Go Goodsey!

Reg deserves a mention too.. He is without a doubt our #1 defender..

Reg BOG for mine . So solid .
    Heeney is so young , amazing strength in his hands .
    Love to see Rose play next week.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I have finally seen why people here have been talking up Jones as a player for the future. He was impressive at times today as a cog in the back half.

Veterans List
    Nearly a 6% boost, which is handy. Some good signs out there today, if we can continue to improve our disposal and decision making, we might do OK in September, and hopefully in October!!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    What I want for the rest of this qtr? No more injuries! Perhaps if we have a sore player or 2 next week we could finally debut Harry Marsh? He was in the best players in the ressies again I see.
    Troy I doubt Harry is up to this level. I even wondered on quite a few occasions this season why he got in the best. Against the Suns and yesterday he got close to BOG. Got no idea why. There were far better defenders in X & Aliir. Harry is not AFL standard as far as I'm concerned.

I would bring in X or Aliir and allow Rampe to roam giving Jones the BP role Smithy normally holds down.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I have finally seen why people here have been talking up Jones as a player for the future. He was impressive at times today as a cog in the back half.
    He was extremely calm under pressure. That is why I like him. Ok his delivery sometimes is off but today mostly very good.

By the way all the Reg lovers. He was fabulous and has been all season. Teddy, even though he had a couple of stuff ups was really good too. Rampe was a star and kept Bruce completely quiet.

But for me Mitchell was sensational. Some of the kicks & HB were just sensational. Why did this kid have to wait half a season to play? I think Horse is thick as a brick.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast