Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 23 - Sydney vs Gold Coast

Senior Player

Changes for round 23 - Sydney vs Gold Coast

I'm going to start the ball rolling

Out: Smith
    In: Mcglynn

Seems like a strange change and it is. I think mclgynn should have a game back in the seniors before finals. Rohan and Reid can play back to cover smiths absence. I suspect in the finals mcglynn and BJ are battling for the same position but this would allow both to battle side by side. They may even share the vest one green and one red for each of them.

Lloyddy is a bit hard done by but we know what he brings. I'm not sure if he is allowed to play neafl next week as its finals. Are there any rules about players who haven't played much if any reserves games playing in a neafl final?

What's up with Smith? Heard something about a hamstring but that's all I've heard.

Mcglynn will be a huge in for us.

Lloyd stuff but Jones and BJ played well.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I'm going to start the ball rolling

Out: Smith
    In: Mcglynn

Seems like a strange change and it is. I think mclgynn should have a game back in the seniors before finals. Rohan and Reid can play back to cover smiths absence. I suspect in the finals mcglynn and BJ are battling for the same position but this would allow both to battle side by side. They may even share the vest one green and one red for each of them.

Lloyddy is a bit hard done by but we know what he brings. I'm not sure if he is allowed to play neafl next week as its finals. Are there any rules about players who haven't played much if any reserves games playing in a neafl final?
    Simple, but spot on! I like tring to get some senior's game time into Benny. I would rest Smooch too. Far too valuable a player and we want to avoid a long-term injury if we can.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    What's up with Smith? Heard something about a hamstring but that's all I've heard.

Mcglynn will be a huge in for us.

Lloyd stuff but Jones and BJ played well.
    Looked like he had a small hamstring strain. I wouldn't risk playing him and making him worse next week against Gold Coast

and we need McGlynn in anyway to see what he has got
    plus allows Zac to play a very one on one Smooch role
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

No changes.

I think Smith will play next week. Landed awkwardly and felt some tightness. Similar scenario to Laidler previously.

From Longmire's comments McGlynn will play in the reserves again next week.

BJ is basically playing for his spot in the finals campaign next week. If he plays poorly McGlynn might come in for the QF.

Can't see a spot for Lloyd unless he shows a bit more in the 2s or we have an injury.

Senior Player
    I'd be surprised if Smith plays next week - I think he'll be rested/given the opportunity to recover fully. McGlynn if fit clearly needs senior game time, but Lloyd could get a recall also. I don't think we had any passengers yesterday, so no changes necessary.

Out - Smith and Pyke

Ins - Lloyd, Nank

Lloyd will be a good sub. Rohan in the 21.

Pyke may need to freshen up that chronic knee in preparation for a potential battle with Sandilands in the Qualifying final.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    Out - Smith and Pyke

Ins - Lloyd, Nank

Pyke may need to freshen up that chronic knee in preparation for a potential battle with Sandilands in the Qualifying final.
    I thought about pyke out too just to ensure he's good for freo. I wouldn't be averse to it. He has looked much better since his most recent rest so it's a toss up between playing him and bettering his form and combination with tippo versus the risk of injury. Gold Coast are certainly not the risk that Richmond were last year.

I defiantly think mcglynn needs a run in the seniors though otherwise I don't think we can bring him in for a final unless forced due to injury.

Out - Smith, Pyke plus AN Other player carrying a niggle

Ins - Lloyd, Nank, Benny

Really need to see if Benny can stand up in the finals or not, agree that Mike needs to freshen up and I also agree with Lloyd as the sub, though I'd be giving him a full half game if we are safe at half time.

Senior Player
    Smith will be rested.

Swans play it safe with Smith - sydneyswans.com.au

I'd hope McGlynn in, and a little rearranging to cover Smith should be all it takes?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    Out - Smith and Pyke

Ins - Lloyd, Nank

Why would you leave out Pyke? He has had 2 games back and ran into a bit of form, and his combo with Tippett looked to work with him getting forward for a couple of goals. Big blokes don't come to hand overnight. He needs heaps more game time. If his knee doesn't stand up then so be it. Next people will be calling to rest the runner.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast