Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 23 - Sydney vs Gold Coast

Does Birdy need a game in the firsts just in case he is needed for the finals?

McGlynn needs a game to see if he has recovered enough for finals.

Lloyd should return because he is good enough

I think that Rose should also get a full run.

So who to drop / rest

Goodsy (rest), Last game a final.., Smith and ? who ever has a bump or strain that needs 2 weeks off to freshen up.

Like Jones and BJ in the team, however doubt that both will remain for finals.

Realistically, we don't have a history of resting players and we're at home, so not travelling. It seems highly unlikely that Smith will play but everyone else should be right, with the possible exception of Harry.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

There were some sore lads after the Saint's game and Etihad's hard surface is known for its toll on players. Smooch definitely out with the hammy. Reidy, Rampe and Harry looked very sore. Yes we have to win this game, but being at home...even if we rest a few we have no excuses not to get past the Suns.

Let's conserve a couple for the (hopeful) trip to Perth
    Swannies for life!

So by 5pm , they will know exactly whats going on to retain top four spot : any result will do / have to win by a certain margin / draw / can even lose by a certain margin / bruise free footy .
    We seem to be in a reasonable place .

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    So by 5pm , they will know exactly whats going on to retain top four spot : any result will do / have to win by a certain margin / draw / can even lose by a certain margin / bruise free footy .
    We seem to be in a reasonable place .
    We just have to win.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Does Birdy need a game in the firsts just in case he is needed for the finals?

McGlynn needs a game to see if he has recovered enough for finals.

Lloyd should return because he is good enough

I think that Rose should also get a full run.

So who to drop / rest

Goodsy (rest), Last game a final.., Smith and ? who ever has a bump or strain that needs 2 weeks off to freshen up.

Like Jones and BJ in the team, however doubt that both will remain for finals.
    Rest Goodes and deny him a last SCG game?

I like the idea that you play a top team. Any player that cannot go for 75% of time on ground, let them rest. Have the younger (more dispensable) players play big minutes .. at least 80 to 90% on the ground. We must win and we must have all available players getting good match time. If we "burn" a few younger players then that will be the cost. It could also be a positive for these players. Just my thoughts. It is always a gamble but I think some times you can be too clever for your own good.

Ins: Bird, Rose, McGlynn, Nankervis
    Outs: Heeney, Smith, Pyke, Hanneberry

Obviously the Swans know best but those 4 have looked the sorest for the longest to me and we need all of them fit if we wanna beat Freo next week. I think only McGlynn I'd keep in for the finals at the expense of the unlucky Brandon Jack who has been pretty good.

Senior Player
    The upside of this week is that McGlynn and Bird, who could both be very important in the finals depending on injuries, will get a really good run in the ressies against Aspley in the elimination final.
    Buddy and Gazza will also get a lot of game time in the seniors.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Rest Goodes and deny him a last SCG game?
    He will play on. (seeking 400 games.) Not!

I had considered that and a final at the SCG was my hope....

Agree it will probably be his last run on the SCG and they should announce accordingly.

Could he to a ROK and play in the seconds for next year..

And we do need to win therefore I am happy with the no resting plan
    Last edited by Rod_; 3rd September 2015 at 04:24 PM.

Veterans List
    I would be surprised if McGlynn comes up for the finals. Way too under done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast