Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round XXIII: Sydney against the Gold Coast

Senior Player
    Mitchell has had 135 disposals in the last four weeks
    Will he or Isaac Heeney be the next Brownlow medallist for the Swans?

Did enough to win, good periods & ordinary periods. Hopefully we can sort that out next few weeks. Heeney unlucky rising star isn't just a first year player award. Would win it by a mile!!! Absolute gun in the making. Bring on Freo!!!!!!

Agree with those changes, wonder who will go out for McVeigh and if Smith is right? Tough call after Towers game tonight!

Veterans List
    We're third!!! For about six minutes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    There was 15 minutes of football where the Suns played well and out came the doubters . We soaked up the pressure bounced back and are hammering them . I really can't understand the negative attitude of many posters on this forum.
    Absolutely. Its why I dont post all that often now.
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Just noticed free kick count west coast 22 v st Kilda just 6. No doubt that WA sides get a really good umpiring when they play in the west. Its another problem we will have to face next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Mitchell has had 135 disposals in the last four weeks
    Will he or Isaac Heeney be the next Brownlow medallist for the Swans?
    My fear is his career might mirror his dad's ... wins plenty of ball, but didn't get the votes. Didn't help that Barry had to compete with Williams, Healy, Murphy, Bolton etc. for Tom it'll be Kennedy, Heeney, Buddy etc.
    Poor Barry ... in 1991, he averaged over 30 possessions a game, was All Australian, Sydney B&F, a number of media awards ... no Brownlow votes.

Gary and all the other perpetual moaners, bring it in tight now...

We've finished top 4 for the fourth year in a row, we've won four on the bounce and we've just won by 10 goals, albeit against a poor team. Despite your continual whingeing of how rubbish we are we are 16-6 for the regular season which is the same as Hawthorn and one less than the minor premiers.

And we are an excellent chance of knocking of Freo next week to go into our fourth Prelim in a row.

So, how about that instead of moaning how bad we are that you actually try being a bit more positive.....

Anyway, Dean Towers had his won footy out there tonight, has he finally arrived as an AFL footballer? Sometimes players just need a little love and confidence. Now, I'm not sure Horse could not have shown him any more love (or maybe it is just those photos he has) but maybe he needed to believe. If he can play like that every week he will never be dropped again and he will become a crowd fave pretty damn quick.

I see no way that we can leave him out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Gary and all the other perpetual moaners, bring it in tight now...

We've finished top 4 for the fourth year in a row, we've won four on the bounce and we've just won by 10 goals, albeit against a poor team. Despite your continual whingeing of how rubbish we are we are 16-6 for the regular season which is the same as Hawthorn and one less than the minor premiers.

And we are an excellent chance of knocking of Freo next week to go into our fourth Prelim in a row.

So, how about that instead of moaning how bad we are that you actually try being a bit more positive.....

Anyway, Dean Towers had his won footy out there tonight, has he finally arrived as an AFL footballer? Sometimes players just need a little love and confidence. Now, I'm not sure Horse could not have shown him any more love (or maybe it is just those photos he has) but maybe he needed to believe. If he can play like that every week he will never be dropped again and he will become a crowd fave pretty damn quick.

I see no way that we can leave him out!!!!!
    What did I miss? Sarcasm? Towers was ok, I want him to be good but he was just ok. Adequate I would say. Nothing to suggest he should be regular 22 (and I actually want him to succeed, not a hater by any means)

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    What did I miss? Sarcasm? Towers was ok, I want him to be good but he was just ok. Adequate I would say. Nothing to suggest he should be regular 22 (and I actually want him to succeed, not a hater by any means)
    Not at all, I thought Towers played very well

Senior Player
    Enjoyed the first and last. Middle bit was horrible. Good on Towers, thought he went really well. Quicker than I realised too.

Jack is a worry but I guess we don't lack for midfielders. Buddy did not look right at all to me, even if he was "well held" by May. Thankful that Goodes, Tippett and Reid have all come good up forward.

I think we're every chance next week.

Warming the Bench
    Just back from the game and although it wasn't pretty it was a definitive win. 2nd highest score of the round (so far) with All winners scoring over 100 points - second only to Brisbane! The world works in mysterious ways. But I'm a Towers convert now and have filed my previous opinion of him in the "Sack Shaw" drawer along with all my other mistakes. The 1 big disappointment of the night was that Rhyce didn't take that shot on goal. He couldn't have done any worse than the eventual outcome and the place would have gone beserk even if he hit the post.

And they need to re-turf the SCG, that ground at night seems to have some mystical hoodoo on our skills! An arvo game on Fremantle, those Wharfies don't stand a chance even if we're firing on 3 cylinders.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast