Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round XXIII: Sydney against the Gold Coast

Senior Player
    Overall we can hardly complain about finishing 4th within 2 games of the leader. I think the negativity comes from seeing the same loss of confidence we saw in the GF emerge every now and again. We were playing a GC reserves side in effect and let them get 6 goals in a row. It's scary how these lapses happen.
    Also, 3 players had close to the worst games they have played for the club. Buddy, Goodes and Laidler. Plenty of upside with Reid, Towers Heeney and co though.
    I hope Reid can improve his goal kicking because he seems to what we expect from Buddy.
    We are definitely a chance against the Dockers. It will be interesting to see who turns up on the day.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    I didn't think Laidler went that bad definitely seen worse games from him. The worry for me was that Ted seemed very quiet and didn't seem to be in the game at all, but maybe there wasn't much coming his way.

Senior Player
    Laidlers disposal was terrible and he was shaky under for someone who is normally a confident and capable ball user. Just hard to understand.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Laidlers disposal was terrible and he was shaky under for someone who is normally a confident and capable ball user. Just hard to understand.
    Have to agree he was hesitant and had a few changers but funnily enough it was a season high for disposals and kicks so maybe his disposal performance was amplified by having so much of the ball.

Regular in the Side
    Again showed we need MAJOR work on our kicking particularly from the back line. Keep turning over the ball and we will be thrashed. Rampe, laidlaw.
    Shaw they are all at it again. WHY cant we stop this. And Reg with hisshort handballs here you take it ,dno you take it. attitude.

Senior Player
    Maybe a bit harsh on him because you can't knock his endeavour , it was the lack of confidence that was worrying.

The SCG claims another key swan ti injury. Is the ground too hard. Luckily we host finals at ANZ this year whose softer surface has shown to cause far less injuries over the years

Happy and I know it
    It was great to see Mal in the midst of the Swans players after the final siren. Some of those relationships are still strong.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The SCG claims another key swan ti injury. Is the ground too hard. Luckily we host finals at ANZ this year whose softer surface has shown to cause far less injuries over the years
    Maybe it's because we play more games at the SCG than at the ANZ. Anyway you really should provide some stats if you're going to be such outlandish claims

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Towers was great, getting a few touches early really seemed to help his confidence. He looked like an AFL player.

I liked having B.Jack, Rohan, Jetta, Cunningham and Towers all on the field at once.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    My fear is his career might mirror his dad's ... wins plenty of ball, but didn't get the votes. Didn't help that Barry had to compete with Williams, Healy, Murphy, Bolton etc. for Tom it'll be Kennedy, Heeney, Buddy etc.
    Poor Barry ... in 1991, he averaged over 30 possessions a game, was All Australian, Sydney B&F, a number of media awards ... no Brownlow votes.
    Barry was a hell of a player for the Swans. Tough, hard, smart. Was the rover in the VFL state side for a few years and conquered all. It was a tragedy that he left us to join the idiot Magpies in his last couple of playing years. The move ruined him. At a Swans function some years ago, Barry broke down and wept when he recounted the move. He said it was the greatest mistake of his life. When all the muck was going on about Tom moving on because he couldn't get a game in the firsts, I had a feeling that the vibes from dad would play out. It did. Barry is in my list of unforgettable Swans.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    What are you smoking? Jack was an impact injury from a player going into his knee.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast