Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Round XXIII: Sydney against the Gold Coast

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The SCG claims another key swan ti injury. Is the ground too hard. Luckily we host finals at ANZ this year whose softer surface has shown to cause far less injuries over the years
    That questionable comment/opinion is motivated purely by geographical bias, and you know it Barry, we all know it. Please get over it, the right decision was made by the club for the good of the club/team, not the convenience of Swans fans in GWS territory, and this you also know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Very clear that we are a dry weather side.
    And 3-4 goals better in the daytime...

Unfortunately the forecast for Perth is not good for the weekend. Hopefully it will change by the weekend....

One thing I did notice about the SCG last night is that the siren seemed painfully loud (in the oh really ? Stand)
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Not sure if I've seen a softer ruck free than the one just given against Pyke.
    Have been watching footy for 40 years and could not for the life of me work out what this free kick was for. Anyone able to enlighten me?

Yep, it's great to be glass half full about finishing fourth and giving ourselves another crack at a GF, but fact is if we play with the softness and butcher the ball the way we did in the 2nd and 3rd qrs, this will be a very short and very forgettable final series. Who knows which Swans will turn up but I believe and hope that there is enough G&D in this mob that we'll see "good Swans" next week. At least that's what I'm praying for...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    One thing I did notice about the SCG last night is that the siren seemed painfully loud (in the oh really ? Stand)
    We were in the Trumper Stand and my daughter (who wears hearing aids) just about fell out of her seat. It was extraordinarily loud last night, not sure why!

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 6th September 2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: edited to remove deleted quote

Senior Player
    Hey everyone.....

I've just had a look again at 2012. We finished 3rd in the home and away season. We lost the last two games of the home and away season to hawthorn and Geelong. I'm sure no one gave us much thought with that entry into the finals series.

We know what happened after that. Won the qualifying final away, then won the home prelim then won the GF.

Never give up hope !!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Never give up hope !!
    galaxy-quest.jpg
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    can anyone who picked it up at the time, or on replay identify what happened with Jacks middle rotations? Who took more or was added? Macca to go inside more next week?

Expected win.
    I'd really hate it if they played that second/third quarter footy next week.
    We'd be goners for sure.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm heartbroken for Kiz.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    can anyone who picked it up at the time, or on replay identify what happened with Jacks middle rotations? Who took more or was added? Macca to go inside more next week?
    I noticed Cunningham in a few centre bounces.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I noticed Cunningham in a few centre bounces.
    Ta, he's done the run with tag before. So maybe could play as a defensive mid as needed or on the outside with Hanners, and let Tom and Joey go to work. Think he has more toe than Macca for the spread and 2 way running, Macca better off the HB at this stage.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday.. Did Nick Malceski get any form of recognition from the crowd? Was there any booing? (I'm interested in the comparison with the way Hawthorn supporters treat Buddy.)
    I did see several Swans' players giving him warm hugs after the match.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast