Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Freo v Sydney Pre Match Discussion

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    With Parker and KJ out, then the need is someone to fill those roles - would McVeigh do it for 4 quarters or continue only an occasional appearance; BJ maybe to step up; probably not Lloyd or Towers; McGlynn probably underdone.

Mr September for me is BJ
    Well, due to my above point, he will be even more underdone next week.....has to come in this week. Two games back and in the best players on the weekend, should be enough.

After K. Jack went down, Cunningham moved into the midfield. I'd suspect him to maybe play a run with role in the midfield with Fyfe or maybe even Hill?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    With Parker and KJ out, then the need is someone to fill those roles - would McVeigh do it for 4 quarters or continue only an occasional appearance; BJ maybe to step up; probably not Lloyd or Towers; McGlynn probably underdone.

Mr September for me is BJ
    McVeigh has been used in the middle a lot since Parker's injury, save for the Collingwood game and the 2nd half of Geelong.

In the GWS game when Mitchell was out with that poke in the eye, they kept it very simple and had a 4 man rotation with Kennedy, Hanners, KJ and McVeigh taking most of the bounces until very late in the game when the result was long past known, then we had Jetta and Lloyd taking a few. So I imagine that's what will happen (with Mitchell replacing KJ in this scenario) if neither Bird nor McGlynn come into the side

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Don't underestimate the WA crowds. They will take every dirty advantage they can.
    Fweo aren't the ones who boo... it's the Wet Cokers.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Let Hodge get away with drink driving.
    2) Only a two week holiday for Hodge for deliberately attempting to end Wingards career.
    3) Letting Sam Mitchell get away with cheating and crippling Walker and Fyfe.
    4) Banned us from trading for following the rules.
    5) Didn't allow us to rest players but let Freo get away with murder.

The AFL (Langford, Fitzpatrick and co.) seriously want the hawks to win this years Premiership. Langford should not even be on the AFL commission because his son is on a playing list.
    I don't think we asked to rest players.
    I believe that Horse said from the outset that we will be fielding a full team and not resting anyone.
    ... but let's not let fact get in the way of your rant.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Fweo aren't the ones who boo... it's the Wet Cokers.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think we asked to rest players.
    I believe that Horse said from the outset that we will be fielding a full team and not resting anyone.
    ... but let's not let fact get in the way of your rant.
    Rodney said in after match interview he had heard that the swans were not allowed to rest players but may have been a tongue in cheek remark.

Most experts say without Parker, Jack and an unfit Buddy swans are no chance but let's prove them all wrong. How sweet Hawks lose and swans win.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Reserves eliminated on the weekend.....they're out! So no more back up games for those trying to squeeze in. McGlynn to come in, in my opinion. Straight swap for KJ?
    Oh, I didn't twig! Well I say bring him in then! He'd be in this game or next anyway, if match fitness is a concern probably better to do it now.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Long Term Injury List
    1) Let Hodge get away with drink driving.
    2) Only a two week holiday for Hodge for deliberately attempting to end Wingards career.
    3) Letting Sam Mitchell get away with cheating and crippling Walker and Fyfe.

4) Banned us from trading for following the rules.
    5) Didn't allow us to rest players but let Freo get away with murder.

The AFL (Langford, Fitzpatrick and co.) seriously want the hawks to win this years Premiership. Langford should not even be on the AFL commission because his son is on a playing list.
    Jake Niall wrote a piece in Sunday's Age stating his case for Hodge letting go of the captaincy. I'm not able to attach it as I read newsprint not screen!

The paragraph that interested me was as follows:

"He has been suspended for acts of brutality twice in 2015, clobbering Andrew Swallow early this season (3 matches) and then incurring a 3 match ban for a crude head-high bump on the sublime Chad Wingard. Like Sam Mitchell (who corked Nat Fyfe and Taylor Walker) and vice-captain Jordan Lewis (round arm on Tod Goldstein), Hodge has not wasted his excessive physicality on ordinary players this year."
    It's not only Swans supporters who think this way Hawthorn play dirty.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Rodney said in after match interview he had heard that the swans were not allowed to rest players but may have been a tongue in cheek remark.

Most experts say without Parker, Jack and an unfit Buddy swans are no chance but let's prove them all wrong. How sweet Hawks lose and swans win.
    I interpreted that as cryptic reference to the Swans' trade ban (on the basis that Longmire had previously said he wasn't interested in resting players, so it made no sense that we might have been banned from doing so).

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McVeigh has been used in the middle a lot since Parker's injury, save for the Collingwood game and the 2nd half of Geelong.

In the GWS game when Mitchell was out with that poke in the eye, they kept it very simple and had a 4 man rotation with Kennedy, Hanners, KJ and McVeigh taking most of the bounces until very late in the game when the result was long past known, then we had Jetta and Lloyd taking a few. So I imagine that's what will happen (with Mitchell replacing KJ in this scenario) if neither Bird nor McGlynn come into the side
    Team for Freemantle

B Smith Richards Rampe
    HB Shaw Grundy Laidler
    C Jetta McVeigh Hannas
    HF Goodes Franklin B.Jack
    F Reid Tippet Cunnigham
    R Pyke Mitchell Kennedy

Inter

Rohan
    Heeney
    Jones

Sub
    Lloyd

This is a quick side that will put on a lot of pressure. Heeney may be needed for the midfield rotation with K.Jack out.

Regular in the Side
    I think that's the best we can do at the moment all things considered ... I am glad Towers got to play a pretty good game for us ... but without pressure ... and I would not fancy him in the finals.

Senior Player
    I have concerns about Lloyd's ability in the heavy physical stuff and I think Towers really showed some stern stuff last week when we were going backwards. His disposal was excellent, no, elite, and he is much more versatile than Lloyd. I would take the gamble on him.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    ... B Smith Richards Rampe
    HB Shaw Grundy Laidler
    C Jetta McVeigh Hannas
    HF Goodes Franklin B.Jack
    F Reid Tippet Cunnigham
    R Pyke Mitchell Kennedy

Inter

Rohan
    Heeney
    Jones

Sub
    Lloyd
    I am happy with this side although I would have not been unhappy with Towers playing at the expense of Lloyd. I think we have a very good chance of winning this and by kicking an unSwansFinalsLike score of 100 or more points. Typo and Reid to kick 9 between them, Heeney or Jack to kick another couple. Another duece from someone like Kennedy or McVeigh. Singles to the likes of Goodes, Buddy, Cunningham and Reg. Shaw will kick two behinds. This will give us 17.10 112 to the Fockers 12.11 83 (to match their highest losing score for the year).
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast