Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mr September for 2015

Brandon Jack:

Playing now with lots of confidence. His kicking is superior to his brothers. Drilled some lovely passes last night.

He will take a game apart soon and will smash some bone crunching tackles.

I think not playing with his big brother may release him mentally and he will shine this finals series.

Dean Towers, it will the ability of our bottom six in the list to contribute that will make or break us....

In terms of our established players I agree that Reid needs to step up and post some 4 or 5 goal bags. He has the game but he has never really delivered on the big stage yet.

Tippet just needs to keep on doing what he has done the last month as does Mitchell.

You'd also hope Buddy is due.

I'm cautiously optimistic re the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Tommy will be the difference between us making it to the GF or not. If he plays his best he can't be stopped and at the moment we seem to have the ability to finish if Mitchell can get the ball out and moving into open space (then again our last three opponents have not been finals quality).
    I may be slow on the band wagon with Mitchell but last night he stood out against everyone (apart from Hanners) on the field. He got more of the ball and got to more contests. If this way all due to holding him back for whatever the reason was I applaud Horse and the Footy department. Well played.
    Especially with Kizza and Luke going down, Tom Mitchell, Hanners and JPK will have their work cut out for them. Will also need some other blokes chopping through midfield to make match-ups more difficult. Not sure how well we'll go out west, I know we have a reasonably good H&A record out west (mainly v West Coast) so the travel is no issue, but just hope they can serve Freo the same stuff they did last year in the QF.

Well I was impressed with the games of Dean Towers, BJ, Jones and Lloyd. All 4 of them put their hands up to say I want to play finals. Probably 1 or 4 of them may not get a game this week.

McVeigh, Smith in's and either Bird or McGlynn may get the call up. The selection table will be interesting.

WE need big games from Mike Pike / Tippett if we are to get past Freo.

If I was king of selections. Take an extended squad to the West, look at the weather match ups and go for the x factor.

While I feel that Goodsy has the possibility to be an X he needs to bring in 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Miss bringing it this week..... Out the week after as I felt he looked slow.

(Bird can cover the defensive side to K.Jack game however I would stick with B.Jack.)

only 2 changes McVeigh and Smith Out Rohan and K.Jack both injured.

I think Horse said he expects Gaz to get up for the game next week. We need to bring Macca and Smith in, I think the selection will take into account opposition and the big ground as well and Horse will probably pick a pacy side.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I think Horse said he expects Gaz to get up for the game next week. We need to bring Macca and Smith in, I think the selection will take into account opposition and the big ground as well and Horse will probably pick a pacy side.
    That can kick!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Wrong thread...
    Last edited by Triple B; 7th September 2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Mr. September from the Playgirl Calendar:

The second hottest swan.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Gary Rohan if his brain can stay ahead of his legs.

Senior Player
    Sam Reid if he can kick the easy ones as well as the difficult ones.

Warming the Bench
    Luke Parker... That is all... !

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Dean Towers
    You are putting far to much pressure on Towers. He's played one good game against GC. One swallow does not make a summer.
    He's a project player who will have good games, and poor games.

The classic finals player is LRT. Tough as nails, hard at it, spent all of his ability in finals and more.

Do we have one like that ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast