Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mr September for 2015

Saw Luke P putting plenty of weight on his ankle, walking with no crutches and if I didn't see it for myself, I would never ever know he actually broke a bone just over two weeks ago. I am not a doctor but what does everyone think his chances of getting back in to the team over the next few weeks?

For me, if it's possible, my vote for a game changer would go to McGlynn he would bring massive heart and soul for the finals. Never was there a more cruelled man and I think he has been nursed back into fitness in preparation for a full crack at the title. No one would have more desire to go all the way given a chance. Anybody watch him in the NEAFL? Apparently he played the entire game and played well!

Difficult time for selectors, do we risk bringing back Parker and K Jack in 2 or 3 weeks or even the GF if we can get there? McGlynn? Bird?

I believe we can beat the Fockers, but I am a 50+ year follower of the Swans who has been called the ultimate optimist but we can beat anyone if we turn up for 4 quarters.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The classic finals player is LRT. Tough as nails, hard at it, spent all of his ability in finals and more.
    Do we have one like that ?
    Luke Ppparker! He might not be Mr September, but he could well be Mr October.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Saw Luke P putting plenty of weight on his ankle, walking with no crutches and if I didn't see it for myself, I would never ever know he actually broke a bone just over two weeks ago. I am not a doctor but what does everyone think his chances of getting back in to the team over the next few weeks?

I believe we can beat the Fockers, but I am a 50+ year follower of the Swans who has been called the ultimate optimist but we can beat anyone if we turn up for 4 quarters.
    I heard Stewy Dew say on Saturday night that Luke thinks he'll be right to go in 2 weeks... and that Parksy knows how to walk the walk - even with a plate in his foot! I don't know if anyone's willing to risk him for a return in the Prelim, but if we do make the big dance, then I think the only way Lukey won't be on the ground (at some point) is if Horse breaks his other ankle.

Ultimate optimism is what we need to win the flag this year, and between you, me and Lukey I think we're off to a good start Molly!

gee now that Bud is out i hope Mr September is Sammy Reid !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

My call is for two players to really lift again from excellent levels already - Laidler and Rampe. They are both in the Matter '1% er' style as defenders, and will be critical if we are to be any hope in the finals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Cunningham has been showing signs that he believes he belongs at AFL level. I think he may have another level he can get too and make a difference for us in the finals.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Ok. I'm not a fan of this bloke but last night i saw a glimpse of something i hadn't seen before. You heard it here folks, Mr September 2015 will be Dean Towers.
    Oh yeah, go Deano!

Opti-pessi-misti
    What about Goodesy!! With Buddy unfortunately out, the opposition will put greater pressure on KT and Reid. A good time for Adam to play his best game of the year - he will need to if he wants one last crack at a GF.

Senior Player
    Hanners. But if you mean a 'lesser light' , Heeney.

Veterans List
    Surely if Heeney tears it up in the finals he wins the Rising Star.

Can't happen as the rising star is only over the home and away fixture.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No.H&A games only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The winner is named today, so obviously finals are not taken into account...

EDIT: Hogan just announced as the winner.
    Last edited by Triple B; 9th September 2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast