Thread: Hannebery wins AFLCA award

Regular in the Side

Hannebery wins AFLCA award

After all the sad news, we have something to celebrate. The start of good news.

Hannebery edged ahead of Fyfe! Congratulations!

AFL Coaches Association Champion Player of the Year Award 2015

Final Leaderboard:

101 Dan Hannebery (Sydney)

100 Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)

87 Josh Kennedy (Sydney)

Hannebery named coaches best - sydneyswans.com.au

Round 23 � Swans v Suns

9 Tom Mitchell (Sydney)
    7 Dan Hannebery (Sydney)
    7 Sam Reid (Sydney)
    5 Josh Kennedy (Sydney)
    1 Kade Kolodjashnij (Gold Coast)
    1 Kurt Tippett (Sydney)

Possible votes combination :
    Mitchell (5,4)
    Hannebery(2,5)
    Reid(4,3)
    Kennedy(3,2)
    Tippet(0,1)
    Kolodjashnij(1,0)

Chucked a sneaky bet on him to win the Brownlow at $10. This will see his odds go down!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Possible votes combination :
    Mitchell (5,4)
    Hannebery(2,5)
    Reid(4,3)
    Kennedy(3,2)
    Tippet(0,1)
    Kolodjashnij(1,0)
    Either Reid or Hanners could have received a 5,2 or a 4,3, unless there is significance in the order they are listed. So we are none the wiser as to whether the Sydney coaches did all they could to get him the win. All the Swans players who received votes were, IMO, important players. Their contributions were pretty even and I think you could legitimately have called any of them as BOG. There wasn't a clear pecking order.

Well done to Dan.
    Surprised Tippet only got one vote

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Congratulations to Dan - a great effort.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Well done Hanners.
    Remember when he was playing and still doing his HSC?
    Footy brain of a 35 year old.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Well done Hanners.
    Remember when he was playing and still doing his HSC?
    Footy brain of a 35 year old.
    He was even better than that Annie.
    It was his VCE, and he did it in Melbourne.
    Flew up for matches.
    What a champ!

So very proud of the young fella.

So very hard for him to win a Brownlow though amongst other vote getters. It's only going to get even harder for him to win a Brownlow with the likes of Heeney and Mitchell competing for the umpires votes in the future, let alone JK and other stars at the moment.

After a day of heartache yesterday for Buddy I am sure there is no-one as equally proud of Hanners than Buddy.

Senior Player
    I cannot believe it's just 5 years since he was a Rising Star. Such an integral part of the team now.

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Our last #RisingStar winner - @DHannebery with his award back in 2010. #ProudlySydney http://t.co/REiLM3tWAA"

Hope he goes well in the Brownlow.

Senior Player
    I agree. Kurt is one of the most underrated players in the comp. He has copped a lot of flack over the years he has been with us. I get that with his hefty salary came big expectations and he sat out the first half of the 2013 but all I see lately is a guy that works like a dog, continually presenting for pack marks in the forward half, crawling around on his knees when the ball comes to ground, kicking goals, and then thirty seconds later back in the centre for the ball up. He really is two big men in one.

Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    Well done to Dan.
    Surprised Tippet only got one vote

Veterans List
    Well done to Hanners, but the coaches obviously don't take much notice of continuous turnovers by foot. Ball winning seems to get the kudos. On ball winning, it will be interesting to see how many BOG's Tommy gets in the Brownlow.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I agree. Kurt is one of the most underrated players in the comp. He has copped a lot of flack over the years he has been with us. I get that with his hefty salary came big expectations and he sat out the first half of the 2013 but all I see lately is a guy that works like a dog, continually presenting for pack marks in the forward half, crawling around on his knees when the ball comes to ground, kicking goals, and then thirty seconds later back in the centre for the ball up. He really is two big men in one.
    I agree the back end of his season has been terrific. His first half however was more serviceable. Of course he was then adapting to his changed role with more rucking etc. Lately he has been putting it all together, clunking marks and kicking goals as well as do a fantastic job around the ball. Finally really justifying his pay cheque.