Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy (merged thread)

Has he traveled to Perth since he's been here?
    (Have since answered my own question.)

What's up Buddy?
    Last edited by AnnieH; 8th September 2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    I hope Buddy has a speedy recovery. At least he is getting the help and support that he needs.

I wonder how long he has been suffering? The trolls on social media wouldn't help.

This week's game is going to be tough but it will show what we are made of.

I have to admit to feeling flat at the moment. Kind of like when Goodes pulled out the other month.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    He's out this week..no discussion of future finals. PLease change thread title. Deliberately incorrect and misleading.
    Out of respect I have tried to change the heading, (although it has been alluded to in the SMH article), as I do not wish to mislead anyone or upset anyone. My problem is I don't know how to change the thread title?

All the best to Buddy.

If its related to the dizzy spell/blackout that sounds more like anxiety.

We've played some pretty good footy with his limited participation, but we're missing a few gritty characters at the mo.

Not that I�m implementing Franklin, but what is the penalty for a 3rd drug strike out of curiosity? Has anybody gone the 3 strikes before?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I hope Buddy has a speedy recovery. At least he is getting the help and support that he needs.

I wonder how long he has been suffering? The trolls on social media wouldn't help.

This week's game is going to be tough but it will show what we are made of.

I have to admit to feeling flat at the moment. Kind of like when Goodes pulled out the other month.
    If I was someone like Buddy I'd stay clear of social media for good, as far as I am concerned it is poison

Agree he needs support and time.

Funnily enough I'm fired up even more for Saturday, I can sniff one of our all time great victories brewing.

In all honesty we looked the best I have seen us all year without him. I'd keep Tippett rucking though he may spend a little more time down forward. Reid, Goodes with Towers, Heeney and McGlynn. They all offer up something different and I actually think that forward line is very hard to match up on and unpredictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TudorBoozer View Post
    Not that I�m implementing Franklin, but what is the penalty for a 3rd drug strike out of curiosity? Has anybody gone the 3 strikes before?
    Have to be hnest and say this is my main concern.

Let's hope not.....

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There's a lot of doom and gloom on here, with scant evidence to support it. Who knows what the problem is, but suggestions that missing one game means his career is over are well over the top based on what has been made public.

He had a blackout / dizzy spell issue in his first pre-season with us, which was reported as a repeat of an incident he'd suffered a few years earlier. Maybe it's a recurrence of something like that. Or maybe it's unrelated. But until more is known, I think it's safest just to wish him the best for a speedy recovery, and to look forward to the next time he dons the red and white and runs out with the rest of the team.

The way Longmire framed the discussion would strongly imply that Buddy is suffering from depression. If it were blackouts, it probably would have been more specific to that point.

Buddy has looked lethargic recently and some have commented that he looked overweight. This has been attributed to his back injury, but it might have been more than that. He's been lethargic in a few other games this year as well.

I know it is just speculation as to the specifics of his illness and perhaps more will be revealed as the days roll on, but there's every reason to be concerned, both for Buddy personally and for the Swans as a club. He has apparently had ongoing treatment for his illness and obviously he is still not well. There is no clear path to recovery for depression which is why there is every reason for grave concern.

Senior Player
    If you're insinuating that this is some kind of cover up then pull your head in

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    If you're insinuating that this is some kind of cover up then pull your head in
    Yep you're right, the AFL would never be part of a cover up would it......

Rightly or wrongly, Tudorboozer was merely saying what many are thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Yep you're right, the AFL would never be part of a cover up would it......

Rightly or wrongly, Tudorboozer was merely saying what many are thinking
    I was just asking what the penalty is, and if it's happened before. Wasn't insinuating anything. Probably be quicker googling it.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    ...Probably be quicker googling it.
    Or starting a specific thread.

Welcome to RWO BTW.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Get well soon Buddy with what ever affliction you are dealing with.

If we can get over Freo, with all that's happened in the past few weeks, it will be a great effort.

I don't like our chances, but I have been surprised before and I will be surprised again.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast