Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2016 - early days

T Stubbs to Magic next year.

I should preface this by saying it's on Magic's FB page.....but I've seen stranger things happen.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I should preface this by saying it's on Magic's FB page.....but I've seen stranger things happen.
    where on the page? I cannot locate it

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    So what if UTS is an expat team? I just can't see how that is a problem. If it is can some please explain how?

If anyone is familiar with Prahran in the VAFA nearly all their players are country players who moved to the City - no one ever critises them for not being made up of Melbourne based players.

I would not have a problem if there was another CBD team, or 2 - how good would a team out of North Sydney Oval be, or what about a team out of Alan Davidson Oval in Sydney Park (St Peters). Both of these teams would be primarily Southern state AFL players and other sport converts, but that would be good for the game in Sydney. To grow the game in Sydney we need more clubs and more teams. From that awareness and local interest will grow, then future AFL players.

P.S. My understanding is that many at UTS also feel their flag in Div 5 is tainted. They just misjudged their numbers at the start of the season.
    Those poor souls. Must be tough tanking for lower grade flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    T Stubbs to Magic next year.
    When did you change from fisherman to fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    So what if UTS is an expat team? I just can't see how that is a problem. If it is can some please explain how?

If anyone is familiar with Prahran in the VAFA nearly all their players are country players who moved to the City - no one ever critises them for not being made up of Melbourne based players.

I would not have a problem if there was another CBD team, or 2 - how good would a team out of North Sydney Oval be, or what about a team out of Alan Davidson Oval in Sydney Park (St Peters). Both of these teams would be primarily Southern state AFL players and other sport converts, but that would be good for the game in Sydney. To grow the game in Sydney we need more clubs and more teams. From that awareness and local interest will grow, then future AFL players.

P.S. My understanding is that many at UTS also feel their flag in Div 5 is tainted. They just misjudged their numbers at the start of the season.
    Their college boy profile is fine, I just think that the all senior clubs at SFL level should have an U19 base at least. Just my opinion of course

North Sydney? North Shore played there for many years but it really is too short for senior AFL, a decent kick from the centre circle to goal square. Surely North Shore would be the obvious choice of games were played there.

I'd love it if Newtown could play again out of Erskineville Oval but I imagine your club would have a contrary view on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktown Magic View Post
    When did you change from fisherman to fish?
    Changes by tides.

I heard from a good steak sauce that L Jarjoura is goanna have another run next year

Quote Originally Posted by Boodes View Post
    I heard from a good steak sauce that L Jarjoura is goanna have another run next year
    Are they de-listing Ben Rogers.

Or keeping him at FF for the 16 or so games that Jajoura will be suspended for in 2016?

with which club?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Are they de-listing Ben Rogers.

Or keeping him at FF for the 16 or so games that Jajoura will be suspended for in 2016?
    My sauce is good but not that good....A Rogers/Jarjoura combo will be a damaging forward line

Warming the Bench
    My sauce is good but not that good....A Rogers/Jarjoura combo will be a damaging forward line

Yea maybe 8 years ago.....got a heap of out there "recruits" last year

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast