Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Finals planning forum ?

  1. #1
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Premiership City
    Posts
    1,099

    Finals planning forum ?

    Where is the FPF? Is its absence indicative of lack of confidence in our chances ??
    Or indicative of my failing eyesight ?

    Nobody has even confirmed they've got their barcode letter.
    So I will kick it off - got mine this morning.

  2. #2
    RWOs Black Sheep AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Goodesy's Place
    Posts
    11,189
    I got my barcode letter yesterday.

    I've booked accommodation in Melbourne for the granny weekend (which can be cancelled for free the day before), and I've booked flights (which can be changed to another date if necessary).

    I'm ready to go.
    Just need the swans to come and play.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

  3. #3
    Senior Player DamY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Surry Hills
    Posts
    1,479
    I've just realised I have a hen's party that day! Ugghhh

  4. #4
    Formerly 'BBB' Triple B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,999
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I got my barcode letter yesterday.

    I've booked accommodation in Melbourne for the granny weekend (which can be cancelled for free the day before), and I've booked flights (which can be changed to another date if necessary).

    I'm ready to go.
    Just need the swans to come and play.
    I'm with you Annie. I've also booked for GF weekend, paying about an extra $20-30 for the option of cancelling for free a few days before in the off chance we don't make it. No brainer.

    Look forward to finding my barcode letters in the mail when I get home.

    It's starting to feel like September. Don't you just love it....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

  5. #5
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I've just realised I have a hen's party that day! Ugghhh
    Who schedules any functions on Grand Final day ?

  6. #6
    Senior Player DamY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Surry Hills
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Who schedules any functions on Grand Final day ?
    Ugh I know, I didn't look at my calendar properly when they arranged it

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Ugh I know, I didn't look at my calendar properly when they arranged it
    It's only a hen's party, not like you'll be missing the wedding!
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    It's only a hen's party, not like you'll be missing the wedding!
    I'd miss my own wedding to watch the Swans play in a Grand Final! My girlfriend is very understanding & suggested we plan any nuptials to fall outside of footy season to avoid clashes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I'd miss my own wedding to watch the Swans play in a Grand Final! My girlfriend is very understanding & suggested we plan any nuptials to fall outside of footy season to avoid clashes.
    Somewhere between the Grand Final and the beginning of the NAB?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Somewhere between the Grand Final and the beginning of the NAB?
    Some of November is out too for the trade period & the draft

  11. #11
    Senior Player Swansongster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    St Kilda West
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I'd miss my own wedding to watch the Swans play in a Grand Final! My girlfriend is very understanding & suggested we plan any nuptials to fall outside of footy season to avoid clashes.
    I did miss my cousin's wedding for a prelim and was rewarded with Plugger's famous after-the-siren point. He is an avid Blues fan and forgave me.

    It seems I will get to see the next final in Sydney as the whole family is heading to Sydney for the first week of the school holidays to spend some time with my aging parents. If we lose this week (God forbid), I'll head up in time for it and if we win, I'll delay the return and we will all stay for the Prelim (fingers crossed).

  12. #12
    RWOs Black Sheep AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Goodesy's Place
    Posts
    11,189
    Got my priority 2 letter last night.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO