Thread: AFL MVP Awards.

Veterans List

AFL MVP Awards.

Good and bad news for the Swans..... Luke Parker won the Most Courageous Player Award with 238 votes with Callen Ward in second on 123 votes. Best first year player to Isaac Heeney with 190 votes with Angus Brayshaw second on 139 votes. The actual Most Valuable Player predictably went to Nat Fyfe on 1455 votes with Todd Goldstein second on 578 votes, but interestingly our own Joey and Dan were 5th and 6th respectively on 191 and 162 votes. I agree with the first two awards of course, but the MVP seems a bit harsh on our lads.......PS; Best captain- Robert Murphy, can't disagree with that one, one of the good guys who should have been Bulldogs captain years ago! PPS; Apologies for the over use of smiley's.......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 15th September 2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Embellishment!

Unfortunately I just read the AFL article and it was Josh Kennedy from WCE that finished 5th.

Bit harsh on JPK I think, surely he should be up there? I guess being number 1 in clearances and contested possessions and top 2 in the league for total possessions isn't that valuable hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    Unfortunately I just read the AFL article and it was Josh Kennedy from WCE that finished 5th.

Bit harsh on JPK I think, surely he should be up there? I guess being number 1 in clearances and contested possessions and top 2 in the league for total possessions isn't that valuable hahaha.
    Jetts32, are you going to want to change your username if Lewis heads west? Or continue to pay homage to a young man who gave is great service (after an inaccurate start to his career)?

Mods, can we change our user names?

Mike Pyke also received an award. Can't remember the exact name of it but was on AFL360. Something to do with education for life after football. He did a masters.

Gerard also asked him if he would be going back to Canada after his football career was over and he said no.

Hey 90210, not sure actually, I made this username in 2012 when Jetts was one of the most exciting players in the AFL, it'll be sad to see him go but he'll always be a swans premiership player.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Mike Pyke also received an award. Can't remember the exact name of it but was on AFL360. Something to do with education for life after football. He did a masters.

Gerard also asked him if he would be going back to Canada after his football career was over and he said no.
    Thanks for highlighting that Yvonne. I just looked it up, as below. Impressive to achieve that while playing as a professional footballer (and having two kids). Great to see the contribution of one of our sponsors as well. I think Ted Richards also works for Citibank (or at least he used to anyway).

"Ruckman Mike Pyke took out the Education and Training Award, for the player who has achieved outstanding academic success.

The 31-year old recently graduated with a Masters in Commerce (Finance) from the University of Sydney, while for the past three years, Mike has worked on the equities and fixed income trading floor at club major partner Citibank."

Veterans List

You're right, I just noticed that! My bad. Very harsh on JPK......

Veterans List

You're right, I just noticed that! My bad. Very harsh on JPK......
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post

Mike Pyke won the 'Education and Training Award'.

Goes up to 11

You'd almost want to swap Josh Kennedies this week. That big fella would be handy up forward with Buddy and Reid out.

I said almost.....