Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Preliminary Finals & Divisional Grand Finals - 19-20 September

Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Preliminary Finals & Divisional Grand Finals - 19-20 September

FINALS

Saturday 19th September

BISP No.1
    18.30 Western Suburbs Magpies (Changeroom 1) v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas (Changeroom 4) Under 19s Div Two Grand Final
    16.00 Blacktown Magic (Changeroom 2) v Camden Cats (Changeroom 3) Division Two Grand Final
    13.30 Sydney University (Changeroom 1) v Newtown Breakaways (Changeroom 4) Women�s Div One Grand Final
    11.05 UTS Bats (Changeroom 2) v Sydney University (Changeroom 3) Division Three Grand Final
    8.45 Macquarie University (Changeroom 1) v Wollondilly Knights (Changeroom 4) Division Four Grand Final

Sunday 20th September

Henson Park
    14.30 Pennant Hills Demons (Changeroom 1) v St George Dragons (Changeroom 2 Premier Division Prelim Final
    12.00 Balmain Tigers (Changeroom 1) v Sydney University (Changeroom 2) Division One Prelim Final
    9.45 Pennant Hills Demons (Changeroom 1, Red Jumper) v North Shore Bombers (Changeroom 2) Under 19s Div One Prelim Final

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Another selfish brain-dead act yesterday (as seen on UTube because I admit I wasn't there).
    Last quarter and the Dragons fella marks in the goal square, a few points down and a few minutes to go. Gets a bit of a touch up so he retaliates with a shot to the above-shoulders. Free kick against, so Penno gets possession and kicks themselves into the big dance.

So a big weekend for the selfish brain-deads - Balmain out in straight sets, not helped by the selfish acts of their big two, Manly missing, not helped by their two big name empty heads, and Dragons throw away a grannie in the dying minutes.

There are plenty of nominees for the Luke Jarjura Team Player of the Week Award, aren't there ?

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online.

Had some trouble with the image uploader - hopefully the pics come up.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Was about 50 out and down by 15. Thought the ump got it wrong and should have been a 50 originally. Doesn't look good when lose a game by 3, but for a guy who hasn't played 1sts in a few years he did well.

Good game tho, fingers crossed penno beats ece

You're a bit harsh justabaraker!

... he DID take mark of the year at the other end, and it WAS a straight forward 50 if the umpire had been on his game ... Interesting that the only replays on utube were the commentators questioning decisions that DIDN'T go the Dragons way?

Anyway, umpires are not perfect, and fortunately the better side got home anyway.

CONGRATULATIONS TO PENNO ... They are rightly the SAFL PREMIER DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

... I did notice that they are playing some kind of meaningless end of season game against a NEAFL side from Baulko next week.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 21st September 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post

... he DID take mark of the year at the other end, and it WAS a straight forward 50 if the umpire had been on his game ...
    I bet the Dragons said to him that, hey, you cost us a spot in the Grand final but, wow, we DID LOVE ya spekky at the other end.

Not.

Just selfish football and that's why some teams win premierships and some won't this year - remember Jessie Mudge just before the finals last year ?
    Have a look at both ECE and Penno this weekend and see how team-orientated teams play.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 21st September 2015 at 08:16 PM.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Was about 50 out and down by 15. Thought the ump got it wrong and should have been a 50 originally. Doesn't look good when lose a game by 3, but for a guy who hasn't played 1sts in a few years he did well.
    Any time you lose a game by a kick there's a million things you wonder if only this or that could have been done differently. And like Saviour said, he certainly wasn't the worst player out there.

Seriously? ... don't tell me that this inconsequential little forum thread now become a police state?

... if you are going to censor honest, open, factual commentary in here, you've lost me!

But listen, just keep omitting the unpalatable truth, and then maybe people outside the insular little world of Sydney AFL won't even notice that the code is a laughing stock in NSW.

Anyway, good luck to any other mercenary organisation out there that is being fed by the AFL and it's volunteers.

Good luck to the Div 1 and u/19 combatants this weekend, have a great off season, and here's hoping for a true, even playing field for all by next year!

PS: ... if anyone cares to watch Sunday's game, you would know that Jordan West was NOT held with the ball from the final clearance ... pretty hard to confuse him with a 5 foot 8 inch rover! ... even an umpire with grey hair and 500+ games behind him got that one right

Yes I noticed that my post on Sydney AFL funding ECE was deleted. This just proves 2 things:
    1. That the AFL have funded ECE,
    2. That the AFL don't want people to know about it.
    If an organisation that relies on the participation of a broad cross-section of the community, makes a decision that does not stand up to public scrutiny, then it is clearly the wrong decision.
    I hope they learn, and I hope they correct it before next season.
    PS: and another bit of free advice, never do anything on the basis that people won't find out, because people will eventually find out.

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    If an organisation that relies on the participation of a broad cross-section of the community, makes a decision that does not stand up to public scrutiny, then it is clearly the wrong decision.
    To be fair, there are very few things that stand up to this forums scrutiny

Quote Originally Posted by ZaccyJ View Post
    To be fair, there are very few things that stand up to this forums scrutiny
    True, but I wasn't referring to this forum, but referring to the views of all those involved in the Sydney AFL competition, and in particular the clubs who have not been informed of this decision of financially supporting one club to such a significant extent.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post

... he DID take mark of the year at the other end, and it WAS a straight forward 50 if the umpire had been on his game ... Interesting that the only replays on utube were the commentators questioning decisions that DIDN'T go the Dragons way?

Anyway, umpires are not perfect, and fortunately the better side got home anyway.

CONGRATULATIONS TO PENNO ... They are rightly the SAFL PREMIER DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

... I did notice that they are playing some kind of meaningless end of season game against a NEAFL side from Baulko next week.

Seems Penno are the champions!!!

"One more eagles"