Thread: Caroline Wilsons article on Adam Goodes

Caroline Wilsons article on Adam Goodes

Great read. Don't know how to attach link.

She seems to think that Adam will retire (whether this week or not) without any fanfare and will go overseas with his partner Nat. Apparently he will not go to the brownlow or go to Meb in grand final week which would mean he will not be there at the MCG for the parade of retired players (her opinion) and will not be involved with the AFL in any capacity for at least a year and maybe longer.

If this is the case then today may be the last time we will see him on the footy field so those of us who are going to the game tonight enjoy the experience no matter what the outcome.

Caro is a national treasure IMO.

Ummm, why wouldn't he be in the parade or at the MCG on grand final day.
    We're going to need him on this day.
    After that he can retire
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Great read. Don't know how to attach link.

She seems to think that Adam will retire (whether this week or not) without any fanfare and will go overseas with his partner Nat. Apparently he will not go to the brownlow or go to Meb in grand final week which would mean he will not be there at the MCG for the parade of retired players (her opinion) and will not be involved with the AFL in any capacity for at least a year and maybe longer.

If this is the case then today may be the last time we will see him on the footy field so those of us who are going to the game tonight enjoy the experience no matter what the outcome.
    Ta for the article.
    To attach the link, go to the top of the page, where it has the http address, place your cursor over that and left click to select the address, then right click to give a range of options, then left click on 'copy' to select that option. Then return to your post, move the cursor to where you want to insert the link, right click to give the range of options, then left click on 'paste'. Done.

Adam Goodes set to depart game without the ceremony his career deserves

Opti-pessi-misti
    How does she know all that! If true it would seem that he is over being a target for booing.

On reflection it would be a shame if he didn't go to the Brownlow night at least, for that would be an ideal opportunity for the AFL to honour him without the mindless bogans out there in footy land spoiling it.

The DT also has an article saying that he is going to retire and it may be his last game in Sydney.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I haven't come to terms with the fact it may be his last game.

Still hoping he'll go around again even if it's unlikely.

Might keep Jetta here if he was to do that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I haven't come to terms with the fact it may be his last game.

Still hoping he'll go around again even if it's unlikely.

Might keep Jetta here if he was to do that as well.
    I was very much in the camp that felt he should retire but I am so so glad he played on...

He had a good season and went out on his own terms. The booing was a sad indictment on our country but he and the club carried themselves well throughout it all and that Adelaide game will stay with me forever.

A great great player, one who we will truly appreciate in future years, but an even greater human being.

Enjoy your retirement and best wishes for whatever the next chapter in your life presents

One of the best articles I've ever read, elite writer Caro.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.