Thread: Onya Tigers

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Onya Tigers

Today's Age looks like a Swanfest, which I was happy to see, and read. But the one that had the most impact on me was this one:

A mother's courage sends a powerful message on respect

Another fine piece by Martin Flanagan.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Today's Age looks like a Swanfest, which I was happy to see, and read. But the one that had the most impact on me was this one:

A mother's courage sends a powerful message on respect

Another fine piece by Martin Flanagan.
    A beautiful story, one that actually made me cry.

In a season where so much disgusted me this restores a little faith in the game for me

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I've never been a huge Richmond fan but they seem to get a lot of important things right.

In 2002, I travelled from Melbourne to ANZ stadium for Paul Kelly and Andrew Dunkley's final game which was against Richmond.
    We won and the Richmond players stayed on the ground for a lengthy period of time waiting for Kells and Dunks to finish a lap of honour before they left the ground themselves. I emailed Richmond saying I thought that was great sportsmanship. I got an email back saying Kelly and Dunkley were champions and deserved it!
    Richmond were also supportive of Goodesy this year.

Yes, Richmond (and the Bulldogs) wore their indigenous jumpers as a mark of support and respect for Adam the week he stood down. I was very impressed, and quite moved, by that.