Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final: Sydney Swans v North Melbourne Kangaroos

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Bye Jetts. Don't slam the door on the way out.
    Seriously? Does he think they're going to fight over him over in the west?
    He'll be lucky to play in the local league.

We were never going to win that one.
    I'm just glad that Goodesy got to say goodbye at home.
    I've been thinking about Jetts' situation. I read somewhere that the push to return to the west was coming mainly from his parents. At the same time it seemed to me that he really liked being in Sydney and loved being part of the Swans. If that is so, he would be a highly conflicted young man, and I personally would find that kind of pressure hard to manage. It's not surprising that it might impact on his performance.

The disappointing thing for me is that we are apparently not over the go-home factor, or at least not altogether. It's a reminder - as if we needed one - of how important the Academy structure is.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The disappointing thing for me is that we are apparently not over the go-home factor, or at least not altogether. It's a reminder - as if we needed one - of how important the Academy structure is.
    I agree with this assumption, but there is another side. Maybe once the academy boys have played a couple of years in the AFL (especially if they turn out to be very good players), they may want to go to an AFL state where footy is the religion and play in front of hugh crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I agree with this assumption, but there is another side. Maybe once the academy boys have played a couple of years in the AFL (especially if they turn out to be very good players), they may want to go to an AFL state where footy is the religion and play in front of hugh crowds.
    Good old Hughie Everyone loves performing in front of Hughie

All jokes aside, Sydney crowds aren't too shabby. 2014 We had average crowds better than 9 other teams 2015 better than 8 other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    No, I'm not sure! And looks as though i may need to stand corrected. My source was the fellow sitting next to me at the game who was also listening to the commentary on his headphones. Misplaced faith in commentators it seems.
    Lol...commentators will definitely bring you undone. Jono Brown had Martin Pike handballing to Leroy Jetta a few weeks back. Clueless...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I've been thinking about Jetts' situation. I read somewhere that the push to return to the west was coming mainly from his parents. At the same time it seemed to me that he really liked being in Sydney and loved being part of the Swans. If that is so, he would be a highly conflicted young man, and I personally would find that kind of pressure hard to manage. It's not surprising that it might impact on his performance.

It's his father that wants him home.
    Seriously. Let go of the apron strings.
    Lewis is a man who can make his own decisions.

You only have a short window to play AFL at the top level. His family should just leave him alone and let him get on with it. He has settled in Sydney and settled into the team. If you miss him that much Dad, you should come over here for a few months and stay.

I don't think that Wet Coke or Freo will want his services... not after the dropping off over the last month or so. You'd think he would have turned it on so they could fight over him... but I imagine the pressure of making a decision on where he wants to be next year has obviously had an effect on his game.

If he goes, so be it.
    If he stays, that pressure will be off him, and he has the freedom to fire up again.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I didn't get to see the game for a couple of days, so knowing Adam had already retired made it a bit easier to watch somehow. That last quarter was hard though. The mids looked tired (mentally more than anything) and with Dane moved to our depleted midfield, we just leaked goals. I've still got the hump with Lewis but good luck to him wherever he ends up (Freo wouldn't surprise me).

I'm gonna say goodbye to Goodesy next year, but his last goal is a great way to remember him for now. I just can't help thinking, in better days, that little chip over to him by Rampe probably would have come from Jetta.

71 points is the target, I hope weagles thump norf by 100+. By everything I've heard, their cheersquad end supporters are overly-aggressive, obnoxious scumbags. Not just to Adam but to our supporters.

Geez I hate Hawthorn but it really shows how much more skilled they are than us! We are extremely poor in that area and get exposed badly against good sides like them.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Geez I hate Hawthorn but it really shows how much more skilled they are than us! We are extremely poor in that area and get exposed badly against good sides like them.
    Hard to beat the Hawks with their extra man Blevic doing his normal bit

Was it Stevic that called that ridiculous free kick against Ballantyne that changed the momentum of the game?

Yes the umpiring has been poor but it isn't why they are winning! Skill and execution is the reason.

Skill and execution...geez i hate them! Lol.

Just looking at how skilled and ruthless they are it really almost feels like, why bother...???? We are so far behind skill wise it's almost embarrassing. And Freo play a similar model to us but probably have more skilled players so just watching Hawthorn dismantle them on their home ground is even more disturbing.